Shout out to a couple local busineses

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bbb

Shout out to a couple local busineses

Post by bbb »

Last month I lost a hub on a Saturday evening running 55mph, a few miles out of Sneads. I was coming back from Mexico Beach around 7:15pm.
Axle is buried several inches under the dirt.

Progressive had the boat towed to Dan at Coastal trailers. Dan got my parts ordered and Evan with Progressive dropped off a check with Dan and sent me a check for the gelcoat repairs. I've had my policy with Progressive for several years and I had the "disappearing Deductible" option, so my deductible was Zero.

Dan put on a new axle, hubs, wheel, tire, lights and fender and had me out in about a week. I picked the boat up and the next day Evan with Progressive called to make sure I was happy with the repairs. He told me if the check for the gelcoat repairs wasn't right to let him know and he would send the difference.

I took the boat to Rick at R&R boat repair in Attapulgus. He got the gelcoat repairs done and washed the boat down for me. Like new again. My gelcoat check was $70 short and Evan sent out a check for the difference the same day.

Can't say enough about Coastal Trailer in Medart, Rick at R&R, and Progressive. Claim was around $2,000 and they paid for everything.

I highly recommend roadside assistance on your boat policy if you trailer distances as well as low or disappearing deductible options.

Oh yeah, I'm a Progressive agent so let me know if you want a comparative quote through them.

Now the tow company out of Cairo was a different story. They got the boat loaded up at 11pm and then took my boat back to Cairo to meet another driver as the 1st was out of driving hours. They were suppose to meet Dan at Coastal around 1am but did not show up until almost 3am. Dan was no longer there(i told him not to wait any longer). I think they unstrapped the boat, lifted the flatbed and just let the boat slide down the flatbed. Dan said the back end of the trailer was buried 10" in the soft grass when he showed up Monday.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Shout out to a couple local busineses

Post by silverking »

Dan and Rex/Coastal Trailer & Hitch are great! I've been using them for 20 years and they've always provided super service.

Also a Progressive policy holder. Haven't had to make a claim but good to hear they stand behind their coverage!
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
fredhey

Post by fredhey »

What Silverking said!!!!
Dan and Rex are GOOD folks. Only people I let work on my trailers.
MeatEater

Post by MeatEater »

Glad to hear you were taken care of. Coastal is the only place I go to for my trailers....parts or repair. What I appreciate just behind the quality of the work is their attitude. They're always helpful in answering my questions and nice as could be.

Mind sharing what the gelcoat work ran? I have some gelcoat work that I'd like to have done and interested to know what kind of damage I'll be in for. Mikes marine Ways won't quote me on the work and expect me to essentially write them a blank check. They do great work, no doubt, but I'd really like to know a reasonable range of what I'm in for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbb

Post by bbb »

Gel coat charge was $400. Basically ended up being 4 spots about a quarter size each. And they washed the hull for me.
MeatEater

Post by MeatEater »

Thank you! Looks like good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk