Sunday, Rainy Sunday

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

Sunday, Rainy Sunday

Post by Srbenda »

With some poor weather planning, I went fishing Sunday instead of Saturday. Based on the forecast, I had until about 1pm before the showers arrived, so I was on the water at 830, headed south.

Water temps upriver were 65, and near the bay, they were 59f. I started fishing a few bars, and managed a consistent trout bite for awhile. While on an outgoing tide, I realized my spot would soon become oyster bar, so I headed further south down the river.

I made it to another oyster bar, and began fishing again, and this is when it began to get unpleasant. Despite the 1pm forecast, several showers began rolling through, and despite a T-top and isinglass enclosure, it was getting wet. Thankfully, the fish don't know when it's wet, and they kept biting. There were a few other boats in sight, and several of them with no T-top, which seemed to be incredibly miserable.

I ended up headed in around 11, much earlier than planned, but with 3 trout for dinner, and sadly no redfish. I'm certainly looking forward to the warmer days of spring, which cant be too far around the corner.

All photos copyright @saverymill
geofish

Re: Sunday, Rainy Sunday

Post by geofish »

Ya gotta love fishing to be out in a cold drizzle. I left the dock at 830, fished downriver & caught mostly shorts. Decided I wasn't uncomfortable enough yet, so I ran out to St Marks reef hoping for flounder or maybe sheepshead. Nada.
Came back in and picked up a nice keeper trout at the sailboat dock north of the fort.
My son-in-law says if I enjoy being wet & cold that much he'll take me duck hunting.
:-)
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

geofish wrote:Ya gotta love fishing to be out in a cold drizzle. I left the dock at 830, fished downriver & caught mostly shorts. Decided I wasn't uncomfortable enough yet, so I ran out to St Marks reef hoping for flounder or maybe sheepshead. Nada.
Came back in and picked up a nice keeper trout at the sailboat dock north of the fort.
My son-in-law says if I enjoy being wet & cold that much he'll take me duck hunting.
:-)
My original plan was to head offshore, but glad I didnt

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Great job with those conditions! You remind me of me, being out in that weather. If they're biting, I usually don't care either. :roll:
Yours in the South