Franklin County Ramps

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: Franklin County Ramps

Post by Redbelly »

I cant fathom how stupid closing the ramps is......
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

I wonder how much their tax revenue has changed since closing ramps to us deplorable's? The lock down across the nation has had to severely hit tax revenue to states and local governments. They can't print money like DC. Would think they would be wanting commerce, not squelching it.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

eightwt wrote:I wonder how much their tax revenue has changed since closing ramps to us deplorable's? The lock down across the nation has had to severely hit tax revenue to states and local governments. They can't print money like DC. Would think they would be wanting commerce, not squelching it.
I think they have forgotten that, I wonder how many people will use the ramps and not put any money in the envelope?
SouthernPointe

Post by SouthernPointe »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:
eightwt wrote:I wonder how much their tax revenue has changed since closing ramps to us deplorable's? The lock down across the nation has had to severely hit tax revenue to states and local governments. They can't print money like DC. Would think they would be wanting commerce, not squelching it.
I think they have forgotten that, I wonder how many people will use the ramps and not put any money in the envelope?
Wait, there was a fee? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

Franklin County has a huge drug problem and now we have deputies patrolling the beaches and far-flung boatramps for 'deplorables' thus allowing the 'dopes' some slack? Seems stupid.
D
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Well that an alienating folks from other States and Counties with fat wallets who come down to fish and buy vacation homes. Very short - sighted.
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

Steve Stinson wrote:Well that an alienating folks from other States and Counties with fat wallets who come down to fish and buy vacation homes. Very short - sighted.
Thinking about Juan were ya? :)
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Old Dog wrote:
Steve Stinson wrote:Well that an alienating folks from other States and Counties with fat wallets who come down to fish and buy vacation homes. Very short - sighted.
Thinking about Juan were ya? :)
ZJmwOhmfNWBxhbXftbQr.gif
ZJmwOhmfNWBxhbXftbQr.gif (680 Bytes) Viewed 4054 times
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

On Saturday, I launched my boat in Wakulla county and took a 20 mile boat ride to one of my grouper spots south of Franklin County. My buddy and I quickly caught our limit of grouper and made it back to the ramp before lunch.
hairface

Post by hairface »

lets go fishing ramps and motels are open to everybody along with 2 brothers in carrabelle
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

GOOD NEWS:

FRANKLIN COUNTY OPENS BEACHES AND BOAT RAMPS:

By David Adlerstein
Apalachicola Times Editor
@ApalachTimes

https://www.apalachtimes.com/news/20200 ... boat-ramps

Posted May 8, 2020 at 9:46 AM

By unanimous consent, Franklin County commissioners voted Friday morning to lift all restrictions on beaches and boat ramps, effective at noon today.

In addition, they supported a request by State Rep. Jason Shoaf to write a letter to Gov. Ron DeSantis asking him to lift the ban on short-term vacation rentals.

On Thursday evening, the Carrabelle commissioners agreed to let their restrictions on the city boat ramps sunset, in keeping with the terms of the emergency ordinance, which said limitations on boat ramp use would end automatically upon the expiration of the states of emergency declared by the state and county.

Gov. DeSantis has extended the Florida state of emergency for 60 days, with some modifications, and the county state of emergency also remains in effect. The county’s boat ramp limitation order is contained in a separate ordnance, which was repealed. It is not clear if Carrabelle’s boat ramp limitations remain in effect without the city having repealed its ordinance Thursday night.

Carrabelle has opened city parks today for walking and playing tennis. City playgrounds and public restrooms remain closed; one restroom near the Marine Street boat ramp remains open during daylight hours only.

On May 18, Carrabelle’s city staff will return to regular business hours at their offices in City Hall, with the lobby open to the public, but staff offices closed to the public.

“All non-essential meetings will be conducted by phone,” said La Paz.

Plans are to hold a special commission meeting in the chambers, with the public in attendance, on Thursday, May 28.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the update, OD.

Mail has just run. I'll go see if my refund check from the Lanark Boat Club has been delivered. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
FlyrodC

Post by FlyrodC »

For what it's worth, there have only been 2 cases of COVID-19 in Franklin County. I bet the people that live there aren't mad about non-residents being inconvenienced re: beach and ramp access. I empathize with the property owners who weren't able to go down to their places and weren't able to launch at their usual spots. 6 weeks seems like a long time but hopefully it'll be in the rear view mirror as we move on with our lives.
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

MORE: This from Oyster Radio . . .

http://oysterradio.blogspot.com/

The City of Carrabelle has agreed to reopen its boat ramps to the public.

The Carrabelle City Commission held an emergency meeting Saturday morning where it agreed to reopen the ramps, which have been closed to everyone but Franklin County residents and property owners since April 9th.

The City said that people using the ramps will still be subject to social distancing rules and cannot gather in groups larger than 10 people.

The Franklin County Commission reopened all county boat ramps to non-residents on Friday.

Currently only the city of Apalachicola has restrictions on boat ramp use still in effect and it could consider reopening ramps next week.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Too late to play nice and do the right thing. I'll maintain at least 50 miles of social distancing from Franklin county for a while. ( Not that it matters but I'm vindictive.) :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/