SGI Guide Recommendations

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

pastorterry

SGI Guide Recommendations

Post by pastorterry »

Headed to SGI in Late September. Any suggestions on a good local inshore guide?
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: SGI Guide Recommendations

Post by silverking »

Capt. Anthony Stone
captainanthonystone@yahoo.com

Very knowledgeable guide, fishes a Maverick Mirage. Good guy.

Capt. Chris Robinson
Robinson Brothers Guide Service
Apalachicola

Another outstanding guide. Stays booked so may be harder to find an opening.

Tell 'em Capt. Dave Lear sent you.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
pastorterry

Post by pastorterry »

Thanks for the info!
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Specifics always help.

Inshore= 4 of us slinging corks for trout

or

Inshore= Me with my flyrod in hand stalking a redfish.

The guys SK mentioned above are all number 2. Call Robinson Guide Service in apalach for bay boat inshore trips for up to 4 anglers.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Rocky is spot on. I assumed you were talking about sight-fishing, which is what I love to do. But that's a specialty tactic and not well-suited for groups or junior anglers.

I'll second his plug for Robinson Brothers Guide Service if you want a more simple approach. They have several good guides they use that can put you on fish.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
pastorterry

Post by pastorterry »

We would want to site fish but with conventional gear. Thanks for the recommendations.