Lanark/FSU Lab Friday 11/26

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dale Hollow
Site Sponsor

Lanark/FSU Lab Friday 11/26

Post by Dale Hollow »

Burrrrrrr,

It was cold and windy at 8 am when Skeeter and I launched at Lanark. But since I've been couped up in an office Nashville for several months, we had to take advantage of the opportunity, for one last 'therapy' flats fishing trip before the year's end.

Water temp was 60-62 all day. Negative low tide at 7:30. We couldn't even navigate the bay from Lanark to FSU lab as the water was too low. I've never been out there with it so low before, so we headed back west and went around the west end, hit open water, headed east toward FSU lab. Waves were 1-2'. (Some therapy, right?) Wind 10-12 knots.

Fished for 3 1/2 hours, only 1 lizzard fish. Used fresh shrimp all day. I was getting ready to go home and thaw... :roll:

Wind died down at around 12:00 and the bite was on for about 1.5 hours. Caught about 20 shorts, and 7 keeper trout. :smt026 Nothing else, no pinfish, catfish, sharks etc... nothing but trout on shrimp (everything must have headed south already) Caught all these fish in about a 3-4 on 3 drifts. Water clarity was clear.

When they decided to bite, the trout hit those shrimp very hard, and they were very aggressive. I would have thought they would have been more lathargic? :smt102

Headed home at 2:30. The water had calmed down quite a bit in the afternoon. Talked to a couple of boaters and no one had caught anything in the flats all day. I guess the fish gods smiled upon us.

Total for the day: :thumbup: :thumbup:

20+ short trout
7 keepers (2 at 20")
1 lizzard fish
1 3/4 lb pinfish

Enough keepers to take back to Nashville for my consulting buddies next week. :beer: :beer:

It was great to be back in Tally for the Holiday!

Dale Hollow
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

:thumbup:
2true

Post by 2true »

:lol:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

DH, glad ya got down and caught some fish. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Good show, DH. I might give it a try over there myself, probably tomorrow, since it's suppose to be a little warmer than today.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Good deal.. :thumbup:
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
WTG !
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Littoral

Post by Littoral »

Fish turned on near the top of the tide & when the wind layed down. I'd also guess it was "warming" a little bt then. How deep were you when you caught fish?
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Glad to see ya back out there in your stompin' grounds! I woulda joined ya, as I was down that way at the time. I saw that low, low tide too! Your story was an inspiration I repeated up and down the beach to blank stares until I couldn't stand it any longer and in I went! So you back livin' in Tennessee or both?
Dale Hollow
Site Sponsor

Post by Dale Hollow »

Team,

Sorry that it took me so long to respond.... Living about 3/4 time Nashville, and back with the Family on weekends. Don't know how long the family and I can put up with it.

Interesting thing about the independent consulting business is that you have to take it when you get it.

By the way, we were fishing in 1-2 feet!

Can't wait till Spring....
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Lanark...

Post by dolphinatic »

Dale......I know what you mean about the low tide. I went out last Wednesday and ran up on 3 sandbars that I have never seen before running the same route that I always take to get around Dog Island. With the fog as thick as it was, it made it even more of a challange.....thank God for GPS!!!! However, GPS don't show you the bars!! In all my years of fishing Lanark, I have neve seen the water so low.....next time I'll be checking the tides for a change.

Nice Report and glad to see you found some fish!!!