NOT CATCHIN ST. MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FUTCHCAIRO

NOT CATCHIN ST. MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HI FELLA'S , THE TWO OLD MEN OF THE SEA FINALLY GOT TO GO FISHING AGAIN. WE SHOULD HAVE STAYED HOME. WE LAUNCHED THE BOAT AT THE LANDING AT ST. MARKS RIVER AND RD. 98. THE WATER WAS VERY LOW BUT WE LAUNCHED O.K. WE FISHED FROM THE BRIDGE ALL THE WAY TO THE POWER PLANT AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WE DID NOT GET THE FIRST STRIKE. WE DECIDED TO HEAD BACK TO THE LANDING AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. WHEN WE GOT TO THE RAMP THERE WAS NO WATER, THE END OF THE RAMP WAS OUT OF THE WATER. WE CHECKED AND THERE IS A DROP OFF ABOUT 2' AT THE END OF THE RAMP. WE DECIDED TO BACK THE TRAILER DOWN TO THE END OF THE RAMP WITH THE WHEELS STILL ON THE CONCRETE. WE LIFTED THE BOW OF THE BOAT UP ON THE LAST ROLLER AND STARTED TO WINCH IT FORWARD, WE GOT IT ABOUT 1/3 THE WAY ON THE TRAILER AND THE WINCH GEARS STRIPPED. WE TOOK ANOTHER LINE AND PULLED THE BOW OF THE BOAT DOWN TOWARD THE TONGUE OF THE TRAILER AND TIED IT OFF WHERE THE REAR OF THE BOAT WOULD NOT DRAG AS WE WENT UP THE RAMP. WE STRUGGLED AND STRUGGLED BUT COULD NOT BUDGE THAT BOAT. A VERY NICE YOUNG MAN ABOUT 6'3" TALL CAME TO OUR RESCUE, HE GRABBED THE BACK OF THAT BOAT AND JUST SHOVED IT ALL THE WAY TO THE BOW MOUNT, USE TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT ABOUT 5 YRS. AGO BUT WHEN BOTH OF US OLD COOTS ARE 85 IT WAS NOT ABOUT TO HAPPEN. WE DECIDED TO HEAD BACK TO THE HOUSE, ON THE WAY BACK TO TALLY I DISCOVERED THAT MY BRAKES WERE NOT WORKING PROPERLY. WE STOPPED AND CHECKED AND SURE NUFF, THE MASTER CYLINDER WAS BY PASSING. WE EASED ON TO THE HOUSE AND DROPPED THE BOAT. I GUESS IF WE DID NOT HAVE BAD LUCK TODAY WE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD ANY LUCK AT ALL. WE HAVE STARTED THE REPAIRS AND HOPE TO BE ABLE TO TRY AGAIN NEXT TUES. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: CARL AND PA
FUTCHCAIRO
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Beat cuttig the grass didn't Pa.....Good try at'm.... :thumbup:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Pa, some days it just don't pay to get up. But, you and Carl got to go. There'll be better days.

As young as you two are, I don't understand why you and Carl didn't just pick the boat up and set it on the trailer. :wink:
What was I supposed to do today?
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

It's pretty bad when the most notable and wise ones get licked out there.

Makes me want to stay here and start putting taxes together or something more exciting - if there could be anything more exciting than that!

Oh yeah, Sir Reel and I could help each other take those decorations down - they've been up entirely too long!
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Well, the fish best be hidin' on Tuesday! I hope they don't, but if they try they better try hard to escape you guys! Thanks for joining us here and sharing your "adventure." :thumbup:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Sounds like you fellows got all the "bad luck" out of the way right off the bat!! Your 2005 has got to be a great one! :thumbup: All things considered, ..... I'd say you both were real fortunate the way every thing worked out. Glad your both safe and ready to go again ..
(as soon as you get the brakes and winch fixed :-D )

Rodbow...that's the best offer I've had in a long time :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
qoutrage
Site Sponsor

Post by qoutrage »

Dern Futch, it's one delimma after another sometimes, ain't it.
I'm sure your hard luck wont last. Just got to get back out there 'til you get it right.
Good to hear the young fellow was there to give you master fishermen a hand with the dang boat..

Happy new year to you and yours, and may you and you fishing buddy fish til you are a hundred or more.