Fishing Report 3/5/2005

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

drayno

Fishing Report 3/5/2005

Post by drayno »

Everyone,

Today was an INCREDIBLE day for fishing. We went out to the FSU Marine Biology Lab and did some really nice hooking up for being landlocked. Total we caught 6 gorgeous Trout. The first catch of the day was a nice 20" Trout caught by yours truly.
Then I pulled up two more, one at 15" and one at 18". It was a great day for fishing. I caught all mine on a jig head with a cee biscuit (which we got at the last meeting) tipped with shrimp, suspended under a Cajun Thunder.
One of the guys I was with was fishing free lined shrimp and he hooked a nice 21" trout.

He shortly there after pulled up two more trout at 17.5" and 18".

The third man in our party got completely skunked. I'm not sure what he was or wasn't doing, but he couldn't catch a cold if someone sneezed on him today. There was a lady out there with her two kids they pulled up a 22" and a 24" trout back to back. There was also a gentleman out there who pulled up a 27" Red and a very nice sized Flounder. All in all it was a great day ending with what's going to be one heck of a meal.

Hope everyone else had as good a day as I did.

Jeff
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

WTG.... :beer: :beer: :thumbup: :thumbup:
pennfish

Post by pennfish »

Thats awesome Jeff, you dont need no stinkin boat :thumbup: Bring that majic with ya to Keaton
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Very nice.. :thumbup:
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Nice catch. :thumbup:

there were some nice trout at Lanark today. The fly fishers said they were catching reds.

Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Maybe I should sell my boat and I could catch something...probably not. Nice Work! :thumbup:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Eerman wrote:Maybe I should sell my boat and I could catch something...probably not. Nice Work! :thumbup:
I hear yea on that note.
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Eerman wrote:Maybe I should sell my boat and I could catch something...probably not. Nice Work! :thumbup:
Don't sell the boat!

I'm sure those wade fishers enjoy what they do. But they're missing out on the majority of the pleasures of fishing......BOAT OWNERSHIP!

They have no boat to clean, maintain, repair, upgrade, make payments on, buy fuel and oil for, not to mention the trailer. Most of them probably drive a small import sedan. They have no need for a fuel hog SUV or pickup to pull their rig with. All these pleasures are why I own 2 boats. :-D
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

That's a nice catch :thumbup: wish I had decided ta go over there instead of Mashes Sands :hammer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Outstanding !! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I wish we had put in at Lanark..... instead of St. Marks
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

TC,
Since you have two, it looks like you would give one to your buddy Chalk so he could quit dreamin'. I think that bass boat is right up his alley. Sorry...derailed. Did I mention those are mighty nice trout Drayno :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

That's it................ it Lanark next wekend..... :-D
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Eerman wrote:TC,
Since you have two, it looks like you would give one to your buddy Chalk so he could quit dreamin'.
I have a boat, actually 1 and a half....1992 16' Lancer with a 40 hp Tohatsu and a gheenoe type flats boat, it looks like a pile kindling at the moment, so it's a half....The Lancer is in Moultrie, I will probably pick it up in a week or so....It's been to Econfina so much it knows the way out and back in :lol:
BKTomblin Jr

Post by BKTomblin Jr »

drayno, :thumbup: nice catch!!
drayno

Post by drayno »

tin can wrote:Most of them probably drive a small import sedan.
:smt009

TC,

I'm offended I would NEVER drive an IMPORT!!! :evil: My grandfather taught me two major things about driving, "Everyone on the road is drunk and or stupid!" :smt012 and "If you want a truck buy Ford, if you want a car buy Chevy." :smt026 So naturally here's my fishing gear hauler! It's not great on gas mileage but I make due at 33 mpg. :smt060

I would never have bought the coupe I just couldn't fit my fishing gear in it. So I had to get the sedan to fit the 6 rods, cooler, live bucket, two tackle boxes, and two other friends for fishing with. I doesn't float, :smt010 but it could probably haul a yak or canoe.

Hehehehehe, sorry for jumping off topic but heck I couldn't resist the import statement. See everyone at Keyton Beach.

Jeff