Family road trip 7-3-06

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Family road trip 7-3-06

Post by DixieReb »

My parents, wife, sister and bro-in law all loaded up today and just rode around looking. Went to Keaton and walked on the beach, tide going out. Saw more boats than I ever saw on a day I fished, must have been a hundred or more. Parked all on the roadsides and all parking areas full. Most of them going out had no poles so they were scallopers. Looked like a highway in the channel, coming and going as fast as they could go. We stood on the boardwalk and watched for a long while, all sorts of boats loaded with scallopers. One pontoon musta had 15 on it. I hope they found some, man I was glad not to be boating today in all that. We did see something that concerned us, 4 manatees in the lower canal next to the pier. Tried to get pictures and they stayed under. I wonder if the canal will be a protected zone any time soon?
We went to Steinhatchee and the river looked busier than Keaton. Boats everywhere. Every strip of bare sand had a boat trailer parked on it. And they kept coming. Never seen it so crowded. Left there and went back to Perry, ate at Pouncey's. Saw 3 platefuls of scallops get eaten that would make any scalloper proud. A good day out. And no boat to wash. :-D
Yours in the South
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Hopefully they will get it out of their systems, and head back to the Peach State :-D
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

95 % of the tags on the trailers were from Florida
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

All that mad boat traffic is why I stay clear of Keatons this time of year.
Bet watching all that made ya REAL glad you were just observing today. :thumbup:
Also can appreciate not having to clean the boat, seeing how I just got thru cleaning mine after the weekend. :thumbup:
Some times its good just to watch. :-D

Also ate in Perry today. Place I ate. :thumbdown: Should have went to Pouncy's. :thumbup:
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I've been eating at Pounceys for the last 40 or so years. My last two trips, it stunk. I mean the shrimp were terrible. Tasted like old grease both times. I'm reluctant to return now.
GIT-R-WET
Site Sponsor

Post by GIT-R-WET »

Ya'll should try "POPPA JIM'S SEAFOOD" :thumbup: :thumbup: just down the street from pouncey's :thumbdown: . Try the crab claws grilled :lick: :lick:
"LIFE IS GOOD IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS"
BKTomblin Jr

Post by BKTomblin Jr »

I've yet to try "Poppa Jims Seafoof" but I may have to give her a try :lick:
But speakin bout travel, thought I'd brag alittle.... This past week the wife, kids & I spent 3 days/4 nights in Disney World :smt007 The kids loved it !!! We then left for Jacksonville -n- a couple of days in St. Augustine (that was beautiful), an while there we ate at some place right on waters edge, had some blackined Mahi.Mahi :lick:
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

T. Johnson wrote:Ya'll should try "POPPA JIM'S SEAFOOD" :thumbup: :thumbup: just down the street from pouncey's :thumbdown: . Try the crab claws grilled :lick: :lick:
I've ate there a couple of times, it was good. :thumbup: