PCB TROUT - EAST BAY VS WEST BAY

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DAWG FAN

PCB TROUT - EAST BAY VS WEST BAY

Post by DAWG FAN »

IF YOU WERE GOING TO FISH FOR TROUT ONLY WOULD YOU FISH EAST BAY OR WEST BAY AT PCB? I HAVE BEEN FISHING WEST BAY AND DONE FAIR THIS YEAR. A LOT OF SHORTS AND A FEW KEEPERS BUT I HAVE NEVER FISHED EAST BAY. I AM GOING DOWN NEXT WEEK AND AM THINKING OF TRYING IT. WHAT'S YOUR OPINIONS.
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

I grew up fishing east bay. Cooks bayou area. HWY 22 Have done well there. Funny, I'll be fishing St. Andrew Bay next week. Have only fished it once in my life because I was always in East Bay. Plenty of flats to choose from in that area. I would look for the birds and spotty bottom for trout just like anywhere else. We always put in at the Callaway Men's Club just because it was close to the house.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

West bay for me, but I spend more time in west bay, east bay is across town too far :roll: :lol:
DAWG FAN

PCB TROUT

Post by DAWG FAN »

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER LUCK THAN I HAVE HAD IN THE PAST IN ST. ANDREWS BAY. WE HAVE HAD A HARD TIME CATCHING TROUT THERE. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DO. ME AND MY BUDDY THAT LIVES IN PCB CAUGHT A NICE MESS OF TROUT (6 KEEPERS) 3 WEEKS AGO IN WEST BAY. MOST OF THEM WERE CAUGHT IN THE MOUTH OF NORTH BAY. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS WE ARE CATCHING 15-20 SHORTS FOR EVERY KEEPER. I KNOW THERE ARE BIG TROUT IN WEST BAY BUT MAYBE I DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TOUCH. WE HAVE BEEN LIMITING OUT AT KEATON ON A REGULAR BASIS. CAUGHT 10 NICE TROUT THERE LAST FRIDAY IN 2 1/2 HOURS AND SPENT THE NIGHT THINKING WE WERE GOING TO DO THE SAME ON SATURDAY. WELL WE GOT ABOUT A MILE FROM THE CANAL SATURDAY AM AND MY BUDDIES MOTOR BLEW UP.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

St. Andrews sucks for trout IMO...It's different fishing than from Keaton to St. Marks....There are good trout in the bay, but in my opinion it doesn't have the right topography for trout....fish deep...think like a bass fisherman :thumbup: :thumbup:
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

I'm going to try some jerk baits and jigs for trout but really want to see if I can find a redfish or two. That will be new for me as well. I am planning on fishing my way through St. Andrew's bay towards Lynn Haven. Pretty sure I'll wind up in West Bay as well. We'll see. I can always head out of the pass and troll for some kings and such.
beatswork

Re: PCB TROUT

Post by beatswork »

DAWG FAN wrote:WE HAVE BEEN LIMITING OUT AT KEATON ON A REGULAR BASIS. CAUGHT 10 NICE TROUT THERE LAST FRIDAY IN 2 1/2 HOURS .
I went out of Spring Warrior, about 6 miles north of Keaton, last Friday and fished the outgoing. The reds were biting up close to the grass and when that bite shut down about 10:00 I went to deeper water for trout. I fished from 5' to 8-9' of water. How deep are you fishing for your trout, and on what?

Good luck this weekend, hope you get some.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Good Times wrote:I'm going to try some jerk baits and jigs for trout but really want to see if I can find a redfish or two.
Dem reds like them jerk baits too...I told ya to look for the green grass...Look forward to reading your report :thumbup: :thumbup:
DAWG FAN

DEPTH

Post by DAWG FAN »

At Keaton we have been catching our trout in 7'-10' of water on D.O.A. in natural color and a few of the bigger trout on live Menhaden.
pcbayou
Site Sponsor

Post by pcbayou »

We need to entice Old Dog into this. He's the East Bay go-to guy.

I haven't done all that great in East Bay this year, but I know trout and reds are there. I've caught trout in holes along the Tyndall side, between the Du Pont Bridge and the spot directly across from Callaway Bayou (Cedar Point, I think it's called?).

If your boat can get in the shallows, you might try Laird/Cook bayous, just up from Callaway Bayou on the Callaway side, or one of the inlets/bayous on the Tyndall side.

Good luck -- let us East Bay/Callaway guys know how it goes.
DAWG FAN

WEST BAY

Post by DAWG FAN »

I FISHED WEST BAY THURSDAY EVENING, FRIDAY MORNING UNTIL NOON, AND THIS MORNING UNTIL NOON. WE CAUGHT MAYBE 100 SHORT TROUT AND ONLY 5 KEEPERS. IT'S KEATON OR ICK FOR ME FROM NOW ON. THE HIGH POINT OF THE FISHING WAS MY 9 YEAR OLD SON CAUGHT A 19" TROUT. HIS PERSONAL BEST.
springcreekcanoes

pics

Post by springcreekcanoes »

Send me some pics of Tanner with that big trout. I know he was excited.
Looking at the calendar for some jug fishing in Sept.