Ecofina 10/10/07

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Ecofina 10/10/07

Post by WaltDawg »

My brother-in-law and I went out of Ecofina for the first time. He does a lot of fishing out of Keaton and usually hang around St.George/St.Vincent, but we thought we would give it a shot. Got out a couple hours before high tide and headed for rock island. Used cajun thunders with gulp new penny and white and he mostly used live shrimp. Ended up with four keeper trout and a sea bass. Didn't have a great fishing day, but we had fun. Prospecting I guess.

We had a problem with the trolling motor and didn't get an opportunity to get up shallow to look for the reds. Definitely want to go back soon. Any advice about the area would be greatly appreciated if you have much experience about the area.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: At least ya brought back dinner. I've gone out before and not done thay good, esp. in a new area. Keep trying the area you fished, it gets good this time of year. We used to catch trout in front of Hickory Mound in about 4-5 ft. water. We got a big red and a nice drum in that area before, they work the shallows there. :smt004
Yours in the South
WaltDawg
Site Sponsor

Post by WaltDawg »

10-4
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

That ain't bad at all WD. Keep at it and you'll figure Econ. out. :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.