Fishing Pensacola area?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Straight Lines

Fishing Pensacola area?

Post by Straight Lines »

I'm gettting paid to fish for a change :-D For work I'll be collecting some surface water samples from the Tahara Bayou and hopefully do some fishing in the bay or offshore since it gets deep quick, I hear. I've never fished this area, any sugggestions?
"Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women"
weaver brown

Fishing Pensacola Area

Post by weaver brown »

It's Bayou Texar. Pronounced te har and it's so polluted you are cautioned against swimming, water skiing, or eating the fish.
Straight Lines

Re: Fishing Pensacola Area

Post by Straight Lines »

weaver brown wrote:It's Bayou Texar. Pronounced te har and it's so polluted you are cautioned against swimming, water skiing, or eating the fish.
I feel like a tard now...thanks for the correction wb. Now I'm looking for a place to swim, water ski, and eat fish besides the polluted Bayou Texar area. Those darn polluters!
weaver brown

Fishing Pensacola Area

Post by weaver brown »

The official line is "Stormwater Runoff." My personal thought, with no scientific background at all, is out dated septic tanks and big beautiful lawns that run down to the water. The fertilizers and herbicides and all that are used on the lawns must go somewhere.

Good place to fish and all is Santa Rosa Sound. Launch at Shoreline Park in Gulf Breeze and fish the Bob Sikes Bridge, the docks, and Pensacola Pass. Flounder, reds and trout around the Bridge and docks. BIG reds and mackerel in the Pass. I don't go off shore so I don't know.

Red tide was here a couple of weeks ago but is supposed to be gone now.
Straight Lines

Post by Straight Lines »

Thanks wb :thumbup: ...hopefully, i'll have some positive reports when i return.