What's your musical taste like ...?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Richy

What's your musical taste like ...?

Post by Richy »

Who do you listen to ..? :smt020

for me it's usually along the lines of ... Kenny Chesney, his latest stuff/the coastal tunes, Jimmy Buffett, Santana, Jack Johnson to name a few ...
~ Image
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Re: What's your musical taste like ...?

Post by Tom Keels »

Mine tastes like chicken.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Richy wrote:Who do you listen to ..? :smt020

for me it's usually along the lines of ... Kenny Chesney, his latest stuff/the coastal tunes, Jimmy Buffett, Santana, Jack Johnson to name a few ...
I could hang with you Richy, except for the Chesney. I am a HUGE Parrothead so Jimmy Buffett takes up over half of my I-Pod. I also like Grateful Dead, Jack Johnson, Widespread Panic, Bankie Banks and Bob Marley. If I have to listen to country I like the older stuff. I am not a big fan of how country has turned out.
Team Jolly Mon
Richy

Post by Richy »

yeah, I'm not a really a big country fan. It's sorta funny ...I was born & raised in Florida always lived out in the country and still do, hunting & fishing, had Horses & the wife wants more, hell I met my wife in a feed store. I've lost count of the jeeps and 4x4 I've owned ... but never really dug the country music. My dad always played the old school Charlie Pride & George Jones ...but I've always perfered Buffett & the coastal music. I like KC cuz he's had a couple of tunes that hit really close to home for me. I really don't feel he's very country anymore either.
~ Image
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I put a few samples of my WIDE variety of taste in music here for y'all to enjoy :-D though I must say that due to size restrictions, it is a very small sample :smt004 :beer:
http://sopchoppyredneck.embarqspace.com ... 4532992820
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

A little of everything. Some Linkin Park, a little Seether, old school Jay-Z (the Black Album was the shiznit), some AC/DC, Ratt, Aerosmith, Rodney Carrington.
Some it all, you know spreading it around.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Richy

Post by Richy »

wevans wrote:I put a few samples of my WIDE variety of taste in music here for y'all to enjoy :-D though I must say that due to size restrictions, it is a very small sample :smt004 :beer:

Wow, didn't see the Glen Miller Orcestra coming.... :lol: Cool, varity is the spice. I used to listen to Joe Jackson back in the day ... at times he had a big band sound.

the 80's were crazy ... surfboards, halfpipes & New wave .... life was good.
~ Image
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

David Alan Coe, Hank Willams Jr., The Black Keys, Dead Confederate, Audio Slave, Sound Garden, Distrubed, Shinedown, etc...
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

I'm a Marley, and a Jimmy Buffett...girl :smt020
Pirate Girl
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Richy wrote:
wevans wrote:I put a few samples of my WIDE variety of taste in music here for y'all to enjoy :-D though I must say that due to size restrictions, it is a very small sample :smt004 :beer:

Wow, didn't see the Glen Miller Orcestra coming.... :lol: Cool, varity is the spice. I used to listen to Joe Jackson back in the day ... at times he had a big band sound.

the 80's were crazy ... surfboards, halfpipes & New wave .... life was good.
I fell in love with the Glenn Miller band when I was about 9 years old :thumbup: I plumb wore out my moms LP collection :smt004 I've been able ta find 14 of his songs for download on the net so far :-D :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
flatpicker
Site Sponsor

Post by flatpicker »

GD/Garcia, ABB, Tony Rice, David Grisman, Byrds, Govt' Mule, Kentucky Colonels, Doc Watson, Flatt & Scruggs, Clarence White, Gram Parsons, Cash, Waylon, Jerry Reid, Tommy Emmanuel, Black Crows, Townes Van Zandt, John Prine... it keeps going and going and going. To many to list. New Grass Revival, Legions of Mary, The Band, Dylan, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Stones, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Junkyard(for all the hair band lovers) Skynrd(the real Skynrd)........Bach, Bethoven.... :beer: :beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lbvSBNLLoo (WOW!)

While we are on the subject(sorta), just wanted to say that we got the opportunity to go pick a little music last night in Tally at the "Extreme Home Makeover Site". If you live near, go and check this "production" out. It will amaze you. There are still lots of good folk in the world, no matter what they tell ya. Cheers :beer:
A bowl of oatmeal tried to stare me down, and won!
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

Redphisher

Post by Redphisher »

Americana music all the way, Wilco, Steve Earle, Gurf Morlix, Lucinda Willams, Tom T. Hall, Lefty Frizzel, no Hank Jr can't stand him, but I love his dad Hank Sr. and Hank III. Love Outlaw Country, Merle, Waylon but can't stand when it sounds commercial and like pop music. Also can't forget about the blues players, SRV, Hendrix, Muddy Waters, Son House, Robert Johnson just to name a very few. Also need to give Frank Zappa his due.