Probly the wrong weekend for this

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Probly the wrong weekend for this

Post by fishinfool »

Guys and Gals,
I am finally christening my new(to me) boat on Saturday. It is a 14' skiff with a 25hp. I have done a little wade fishing over the past few years in this area. I have only been on a boat twice since coming to the Tally area. I did lots and lots of fishing while I was in central Florida(30+years) especially in Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon.
I am hoping to get a tip or two about where to start looking for fish. I, like everyone else it seems, am looking specifically for Trout/Redfish. I am more than willing to share any information. I know the BBSC is this weekend but if anyone could point a newby in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I am planning to put in at the lighthouse as early as I can. Is low tide a problem at that ramp?
FF
birddog
Site Sponsor

Re: Probly the wrong weekend for this

Post by birddog »

Head east, fish the rocks, banks, and creek mouths. Throw topwaters, spoons and softbaits. Should be EZPZ. :beer:
GULP! free since 1970.
leesburgga

Post by leesburgga »

keep an eye out for rocks. if you have a top spots map, look for rock garden -- good fishing but rocky.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

summer tides @ the lighthouse should never present a problem for your rig.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Fishinfool, send a private message to Jumptrout51 and he'll hook you up... he loves sharing details on his most productive spots :wink:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Good Luck! Watch rocks and heat! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Thanks all for the tips. I hope the maiden voyage is productive. Semper Fi to Big Bend Gyrene. I will report back after the trip.
FF
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Hey, fishinfool if you were in the Corps give a shout back... curious to know MOS and years you were in. :thumbup:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945