Seems like it's flooding with trim down

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

floundereater

Seems like it's flooding with trim down

Post by floundereater »

I have a 1998 yamaha 60hp motor on my boat. Recently it has started running rough when i take off or if my trim is all the way down idling. Sounds strange, i dropped it off at the repair shop today. Any ideas what they may find? Should i brace myself?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Seems like it's flooding with trim down

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Dirty carbs.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Dirty carbs.

Fo shizzle
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Dont sweat it, it runs too good to be anything major. Huggins will fix you up. Life is good Jason!
Team Jolly Mon
MrGreenJeans

Post by MrGreenJeans »

when trimmed all the way down, your exhaust is dipping into the water. This is common and to be of no concern.
I Like the simple pleasures........like killing my enemies, drinking his wine and taking his women and gold.
floundereater

Post by floundereater »

Well i got my call today saying my boat was ready to go! Linkages were out of adjustment. How that happens i have no clue. Huggins outboard only charged me $42.50 to get me back in fine shape. I feel much better now! :thumbup: :-D
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Props to Bubba and all the guys at Huggins for staying honest in a dishonest world!
Team Jolly Mon
floundereater

Post by floundereater »

Got the boat back yesterday and ran it on the hose. It started faster the it has before and seem to run great. The only thing i still noticed is that it still smoked really bad with the trim all the way down. The sound of the motor did not change nearly as much but it did still smoke pretty bad. I have never trimmed my motor all the way down to flush it before, until i started having trouble with it planing off. Maybe it has always done it and i never noticed cause i never trimmed it all the way down. It does fine until it is completely down. Going to run it this evening hopefully, so i will post back with results. Also i am going to start putting marine sta-bil in my rig from now on. I use it every 4-6 weeks but rather be safe than sorry. What do you guys think about that
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

floundereater wrote:Got the boat back yesterday and ran it on the hose. It started faster the it has before and seem to run great. The only thing i still noticed is that it still smoked really bad with the trim all the way down. The sound of the motor did not change nearly as much but it did still smoke pretty bad. I have never trimmed my motor all the way down to flush it before, until i started having trouble with it planing off. Maybe it has always done it and i never noticed cause i never trimmed it all the way down. It does fine until it is completely down. Going to run it this evening hopefully, so i will post back with results. Also i am going to start putting marine sta-bil in my rig from now on. I use it every 4-6 weeks but rather be safe than sorry. What do you guys think about that
Add it every time i add gas
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
floundereater

Post by floundereater »

Here are my results. I think my 60hp has turned imto a 90! Rpms went from 5000 with my new prop to 5600 at wide open throttle. boat seems to idle quieter and has alot more punch. Now i run 32mph vs 30 before. I am running 27-28 mph at about 4700 rpms trimmed out. I love my rig! Lets all go fishing!