Cheap place to stay near Lanark/Cbelle

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

willworkforfish

Cheap place to stay near Lanark/Cbelle

Post by willworkforfish »

I am planning a trip down to the coast for three days of solitary fishing/soul searching. Ill be done with college is two weeks (finally) and wanted to relax and spend time down near lanark carabelle area Dec 14-16 but dont want to and cant afford to pay hotel prices. I looked into the Ho Hum RV park but apparently my truck and boat dont constitute an RV and cant stay there. Im looking for a campground/cabin/empty lot where i can sleep. No need for amenities or anything like that just some place i can charge the batteries. just a semi safe place to crash while im not on the water. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Re: Cheap place to stay near Lanark/Cbelle

Post by jsuber »

Some of the guys stayed at a cottage that is part of the old Army housing from long ago in that area. I'll see if I can find the link to it. Pretty cheap too.
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

When we can't stay in Lanark and fish we always stay at Ochlockonee River State Park its only a few minutes to Lanark and Carrabelle and very nice (quite Deer running around type of place) other than there if your willing to drive the extra few miles try St George ilsand SP or St Joseph Penisula will help you recharge big time!!
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

Ranaman wrote:stay at Ochlockonee River State Park its only a few minutes to Lanark and Carrabelle and very nice (quite Deer running around type of place)
:thumbup: :thumbup:

I road through there last week and it looked nice,
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Both the Ochlockonee River State Park and the St. George Island State Park are great places to stay. I'd grab a tent and head to SGI State Park, as it offers you quicker access to saltwater than OR State Park does. There are a few things to remember if staying in a State Park: No firearms, no alcohol, and watch your speed driving through, the Park Patrol Officers are serious about those three things. Have fun...
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
KYFRED

Post by KYFRED »

I was thinking about SGI campground. Very quiet and great fishing very close. Quiet beach for that soul search
willworkforfish

Thanks guys. I will give SGI campground a call. Im nervous about fishing out there again since thats where i snapped my steering cable dont need that bad mojo on my trip haha. hopefully the weather will cooperate. Any other suggestions are still welcome!
cmccord
Site Sponsor

Post by cmccord »

I like Indian Pass Campground. Relatively inexpensive, good fishing, nice beach, decent amenities for a campground and does not have the same restrictions as State Parks do. Sometimes "soul searching" requires the aid of a liquid search engine. :wink:
"You cannot change the wind, you can only adjust your sails." Del Suggs
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

FYI, you Can drink in the camp ground at ST. GEORGE...I know most of the rangers and they told me that you can drink on your site.
Pirate Girl
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

i know it's my place for a little soul searching.....
Pirate Girl
willworkforfish

cmccord wrote:I like Indian Pass Campground. Relatively inexpensive, good fishing, nice beach, decent amenities for a campground and does not have the same restrictions as State Parks do. Sometimes "soul searching" requires the aid of a liquid search engine. :wink:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: agreed my friend!

To be honest i was already planning my adult beverage smuggling techniques.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Check out a book by Captain Tommy Thompson called The Saltwater Angler's Guide to Florida's Big Bend and Emerald Coast and you can purchase at Kevins or online at http://www.upf.com/book.asp?id=THOMPF08 It mentions all kinds of places to fish, eat, and lodging.