Down South Lures

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Down South Lures

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I would like to introduce Down South Lures as a new North Florida Gulf Fishing Club sponsor for 2010.

They manufacture and sell a great looking Texas style 4 1/2" jerk bait in some really cool colors, below is their Plumtruese Shad.

Please let Mike know that you appreciate his support, mike@downsouthlures.com
Last edited by Reel Cowboy on February 15th, 2010, 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Re: Deep South Lures

Post by Sir reel »

Good look'n lure there. Thanks to Deep South for their support :thumbup:
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Re: Deep South Lures

Post by Redfin »

logo says down.. not deep... salute1
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Re: Down South Lures

Post by Sir reel »

Thanks to Redfin for catching my mistake and my deepest apologies for the directional defect in my description. Thanks for your support DOWN SOUTH LURES... It's still a good looking lure
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

Thanks for your support Mike...nice looking lure :thumbup: :thumbup:
slayer

Post by slayer »

I did a search online, do they have a web site??? I found where they selected a winner for their logo contest, but I cant find a url for them....
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Slayer,
Their site isn't finished yet from what Mike told me this morning. But it is in the works as we speak.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Surely something called Down South is made in the Deep South..... :roll:

Love the 4.5" size....I'm thinking a 1/16 oz jighead for a perfect match. :thumbup:
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Down_South_Lures

Post by Down_South_Lures »

Hey folks-

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I hope you all have some success of my new baits. My website will be up and running in a few weeks. You can check it out at www.sacdr.com/downsouthlures They are building my website and it is almost complete. You can even navigate through it on the site listed. Disreguard the offshore photos in the slideshow. I sent the builder of the website all of my photos from my buddies and I, and she chose the offshore photos. That is going to change.

If you were wondering which one is me so you can put a face to a name, I am the guy in the brown shirt standing on my boat boat holding a redfish with three other guys. One of the other guys is holding a trout. This can be found in the Pro Staff Section.

Yes, I usually throw them with a 1/16 oz. head. Good call. I am interested to see how they perform on a smaller, weighted flutter hook. Any positive or negative feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am mailing out the sample packs to Matthew manana.

Feel free to email me or give me a shout anytime with questions or suggestions. 210.865.8999. I am looking forward to learning about the art of Florida fishing.

I am in the process of developing new baits and new colors. Any tips on popular new colors that I am lacking would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Regards,

Mike Bosse
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

If you don't have the color already,we use a lot of new penny and glow and white colors.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Sure would love to see you market a good 1/16 jighead (3/0 and 4/0) :-D

I'd preorder a few dozen for sure!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Down_South_Lures

Post by Down_South_Lures »

RHTFISH wrote:Sure would love to see you market a good 1/16 jighead (3/0 and 4/0) :-D

I'd preorder a few dozen for sure!
I am actually working on that right now. That is my next project. I am trying to find a good hook company that has what I am looking for. I want a 45 degree bend from shank to eye. Owner brand does not make one like that in an anticorrosion finish. (hard to believe). What hook brand do you all like the most? I was dead set on Owner, but they do not make what I like. Plus, their saltwater jig head hook that is anticorrosion does not have the cutting point, and has a 90 degree bend. What do you guys think of the 90 degree bend? Does this work OK? Look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks.

Mike
Down South Lures
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

A 3 or 4/0 hook is pressing the 1/16 threshold to start with.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Welcome aboard, Mike. :smt006 Nice to have some new brothers from Texas. :smt028

Baits look like they will work well around here; almost goby-looking. :smt007 I bet we'll have no worries about pinfish chewing off the tail. :smt012

Electric/nuclear chicken color gets hit sometimes. :thumbup:

Wide-gap black nickel hooks :smt045
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

if you are looking for a good jighead for now you might wanna try the bayoubuck lure website they make some pretty good jig heads and nice popping corks too at a good price.