Ecofina 4-10-10

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jcflats

Ecofina 4-10-10

Post by jcflats »

It's always fun to introduce someone new to our great sport and that's was my task on Saturday.

My son wanted to take a friend fishing and I was all for it. They got out of school at noon on Friday and after baseball practice and explaining to their girlfriends that they wouldn't be around because we had guy stuff to do :smt005 we were able to get away around 5:00 PM and head down. We made it to the landing with just enough daylight to go bait a pinfish trap and see an awesome Econ sunset.

The no-see ums' were vicious and the boys looked like they were staring a new kind of dance. :lol:

Saturday was an awesome day to be on the water. The wind started NE at about 7 and changed several times during the day never blowing over 10 all day. The water temps ranged from 65.5 in the morning to 71.5 in the afternoon. We got on a decent bite as soon as we stopped and the bite was steady most of the day. We caught around 40-50 trout before catching a limit with a mix of spanish, blues, and catfish.
After lunch we went in to try for reds and wound up catching a 24", 25", and a rat.

Once again Gulps were the ticket and white was the color.

This was one of those special days and I was blessed to be part of it!
"In bad need of some coastal therpy!"
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Re: Ecofina 4-10-10

Post by robbankston »

Dang.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Very nice :thumbup: I am sure your son's friend was sufficiently impressed.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Good report! A day to remember.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Spot on

Post by Spot on »

nice report, and nice pics.
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Very nice report and a great catch :thumbup:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
kirt123

Post by kirt123 »

Nice day JC, If you dont mind me asking where were you fishing for trout? I wen yesterday and put in at Fenholloway, we fished about 3.5 - 4 hours but didnt do that good on trout. I fished from 1mile strait off rock island to around Hickory Mound, caught the few trout that were keepers in front of hickory mound in about 4 feet.

Thanks
jcflats

Post by jcflats »

Kirt, these were caught in 6-7' except the Reds of course.
"In bad need of some coastal therpy!"
kirt123

Post by kirt123 »

I had heard that most were being caught in a little deeper water. Did the fishing seem to be better to the north or south? I plan on going back on Friday and Saturday on Sunday so any tip would be much appreciated.
Rogan
Site Sponsor

Post by Rogan »

Nice haul JC. Great pics too. Those trips a make ya want to head back. Smoked oysters or what???
"No, I dont remember where I last had it, if I knew I'd go get it" ...