Think someone made a Freudian slip...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Think someone made a Freudian slip...

Post by big bend gyrene »

Just wanting to go on the record and say I QUITE like the good ol' US of A being a dominant military superpower... salute1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEvH_f9VADA[/video]
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Think someone made a Freudian slip...

Post by SS-342 »

You and me makes two! :smt010

Where will this end! :smt011

Even though I was a submarine sailor, I thank you and all the other Marines for your service. :thumbup:
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

The idiots elected an idiot and he is not disappointing his idiot fans.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

SS-342 wrote:Even though I was a submarine sailor, I thank you and all the other Marines for your service. :thumbup:
Heck, SS-342, not saying the USMC was always a fresh breeze, but I don't envy you guys who regularly get pulled away from land and have to sit crammed in a sardine can. :thumbup: And after seeing the "SS-342" name googled it to see if it was the number for the sub. Sure sounds like it could be based on this result:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Chopper_%28SS-342%29

Man, that's some story on the near sinking... SERIOUSLY, much appreciate the service of all you cousins in the Navy. salute1 :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for those kind words. Yep, you found her alright!

I was aboard from 1960-1962. We took a 49 degree down angle but no major damage. She had done that twice before I came aboard. The man in manuvering room that saved the ship that last bad dive was aboard the same time I was. He was a good old Texas boy, solid as a rock. He is credited for saving the ship and crew.

The chopper didn't slip its teters and sink. She was to be blown up. The men who served her was rigging everything and just couldn't stand her being treated that way. They sank her instead of letting her be blown up was the story told.

She wasn't much but was a good home for more than 2.5 years.

She took me above the Artic Circle twice spying on the Russians and brought me back. One time all beat up due to rough North Atlantic waves. You know it is rough waters when you rise 8-10 feet at 80 feet under. Cold as well with condensation freezing in the bildges and outside sea water at zero degrees.

...and, those were the "good old days!"
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Sounds like normal NFGFC tournament conditions.... :D
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Stupid is as stupid says!

I agree with Confucius....."being number 1 means you never have to say I'm sorry!"
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

:smt017 And people still support this ignorant doosh???
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem