SGI - Guided day report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BrogensDuck

SGI - Guided day report

Post by BrogensDuck »

A few months ago, I asked you guys about Robinson Bros guide service and promised a report. We got on the water around 9:30 with what looked to be a bunch of other guys pre-fishing the tourney. Fished with Nathan and he did a nice job, was a lot of fun and worked really hard to get us on the fish. The water was very cloudy and tough to sight cast for reds with flyrod, so we pulled out the spinners and worked area after area. We kept coming back to one area he swore had been schooling recently and when the tide was in the area, he was right. After a pretty long morning of nothing, we had 45 minutes of solid reds, one after another. I think I had a series of 5 casts in a row with fish separated by a couple casts without followed by another series of fish. Once we ran through the school a few more times, we moved back to another previously fished place and caught a flounder and a HUGE gator trout to finish the day.

I would call Nathan again if the conditions were right. He had a good attitude, worked really hard to find the fish (I think he called every person on the water at least 3 times) and was willing to stay as long as it took to find them. Once we got on the fish all of our senses of humor were arisen, which also made for a good day.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Re: SGI - Guided day report

Post by Barhopr »

Sounds like a good day and like he worked hard for you. What did you tip him?
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
BrogensDuck

Post by BrogensDuck »

There was 2 of us and we each tipped him $40.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Sounds like a good trip. Thanks for sharing.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Sounds like a great trip.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Sounds like a good trip. How big was the Gator?
BrogensDuck

Post by BrogensDuck »

We were in it so much, we didnt put a measure to it, but it was a career fish for us. I would love to brag specifically, but she was bigger than our upper slot reds.