Shell Point 10/3

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CastTheFlats

Shell Point 10/3

Post by CastTheFlats »

I had a friend call to go fishing so we took the skiff out. The wind were forcasted at 10-15 in the late morning but we were blessed with a light to variable for the entire morning. The trout bite was fantastic early with 4 fish over 20" with 2 of them over 24" all trout were caught on a Bone One Knocker. We then fished grass lines and busted a dozen or more reds on Aqua Dream Spoons. Great day spent with a good friend. Cool catch of the day was a 14" Barracuda. :thumbup:
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Re: Shell Point 10/3

Post by Harmsway »

A good day to fish. :thumbup:
That cuda would make a nice shark bait. :smt045
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

Very nice!!! :thumbup:
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

Great report. :thumbup:
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

In all the many years I've fished these waters, I've never caught a Barracuda.

salute2
Semper Fi
btnole

Post by btnole »

Saw a Barracuda Sunday and said something to a freind. He said I was stupid.

Right on long bar in front of Shell Point

Thanks for the photo.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THAT IS THE FIRST CUDA I HAVE SEEN UP HERE THE 20 YRS. I HAVE BEEN HERE. THEY ARE A PAIN IN THE BUTT DOWN IN THE KEYS IF YOU ARE USING A SPOON OF ANY SHAPE OR FORM. THOSE WERE SOME BEAUTIFUL TROUT AND RED.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Had a big cuda park a couple of feet off our stern a few years back while at barge 24. Would slowly chase what we threw at him (everything we had) but never actually bite. Was a slow day, and swear he drove us slap dang crazy. :lol:

Fast forward to my last trip out with bagataway and almost sure we had another one do the same thing. We spotted a long relatively skinny (compared to a big cobe) fish that was near the boat but keeping about a 5' distance from us and down just far enough that he was tough to make out. He didn't have a cobe profile... head was far too narrow and topside wasn't flashy enough to be a king, and way too big to be a spanish. Really don't know what else it could have been than a cuda. Wasn't too hungry though, as he just chased a couple of ladyfish we hooked without biting them... just like my first encounter expcept on that day we could clearly make out the cuda and he was BIG.
salute1
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945