10/8 Fishing with Capt Mike

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

yardman32317
Site Sponsor

10/8 Fishing with Capt Mike

Post by yardman32317 »

A little late in posting this but here it is. Chartered a trip with Capt Mike, St. Mark's Outfitters, to take my son Mike, father-in-law Ray and myself out for a day of fishing. It was a birthday present for Ray and I. We launched from the Aucilla ramp in Mike's 24' Carolina Skiff and that is one sweet boat. The tide was low, very low, so we took a slow ride out to the mouth and a little beyond before turning West. We started a drift near a long bar and within 30 minutes Ray caught his first red on a green ADL spoon. At almost 80 years old he handled that fish like a young man grinnin from ear to ear. Had a few soft hits from some trout but nothing was taking the top water so we moved further West and into a large creek. Throwing spoons, spooks, and jerk bait all over the creek produced nothing inside the creek. As we headed out I finally had a nice red decide to take my gold ADL spoon. Nothing else decided to take the bait so again we pushed out of the mouth and out about a mile and further West. By this time my son was wondering if he was ever going to land anything. We got to another area that Mike favored and started another drift. Wasn't long before my son hooked a spanish makerel and brought it on board for a nice picture. We caught three keeper trout, a blue and a few short bass before having to call it a day. The weather really messed with the fishing but it was getting better. This was a practise day for my son, as he had never fished topwater. The next day, my birthday, we fished the NFGFC tournament the next day out of the Econfina, with Jon Barnes where he tore up the trout and redfish. Capt Mike is a good friend and a great guide. He constantly coached, working on technique, scouted for fish, and always making sure we were taken care of.
Father-in-law Ray with a 23 inch red
Me with a 23 inch red
Son Mike with a nice spanish mackerel
Capt Mike McNamara
Sua Sponte
RLTW
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: 10/8 Fishing with Capt Mike

Post by fishinfool »

Looks like all had a great time. :thumbup: :thumbup:
FF salute1
CastTheFlats

Re: 10/8 Fishing with Capt Mike

Post by CastTheFlats »

Capt Mike has um dialed in for sure! One of the best guides in the area. :thumbup: