Loran tds to gps???

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jhults7

Loran tds to gps???

Post by jhults7 »

Hey guys,
I just got a list of tds (loran numbers) from my uncle for the wakulla/franklin county area. There are 4 or 5 loran numbers on there that are supposed to be great aj numbers. Due to the grouper closure in fed waters for the first half of the year and some insight iv gotten saying they will probably closed all year, i want to branch out and traget different species. I wanna convert these numbers but had really had a time converting other old grouper numbers to the point where i gave up. Do any of you have any insight on any programs or anvice for getting theses dang tds converetd. Thanks ahead of time for the advice! :thumbup:
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: Loran tds to gps???

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Been there, done that. There are free and pay programs that SAY they will convert them, but they are all a little off. Best way to do it is go out with the Loran on the boat, and carry a GPS to mark the spots. The conversion programs will get you close, but never right on.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Loran is disabled now. Obama killed it. The best program I found is the Andren Software Company
http://www.andren.com/

I have the program. If you want me to convert one or two of the numbers, PM me the TD's and I will send them back to you. Then you can check to see how close this program gets you.
My experience with this software is that it's the closest thing you can find on the market.
groupertherapy
Site Sponsor

Post by groupertherapy »

Have used Andren for a couple of years. Converted 100's of loran numbers and found the gps position close enough to find the spot. If you purchase it they will send you any updates too.
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

I use andren and have collected a few calibration points before loran was shut down.