Bay or Center Console Boat--Found

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Bay or Center Console Boat--Found

Post by silverking »

Posting this for another buddy, who is looking for a pre-owned, gently-used bay or center console boat to take his elderly father fishing.

Here is his criteria:

Under $10,000
17- to 20-foot bay boat or center console suitable for the flats/rivers where his father can sit/stand inside the boat for safety
Yamaha 90 or 115-hp outboard
Trolling motor or pre-wired for a trolling motor is a must.
Galvanized or aluminum Trailer
Name-brand modified V-hulls, not flat-bottom skiffs or deep V with major draft
Ready-to-fish, not a project boat.

If you have one you're looking to part with or know of one within a short drive of Tally/Thomasville, etc. please post with photos.

Thanks.
Last edited by silverking on January 16th, 2012, 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
JohnA

Re: Wanted: Bay or Center Console Boat

Post by JohnA »

I know where a beautiful red and white sea pro is down the road from me. I think it might fit your friends criteria. would like to see it sold so I would quit riding by his house and drooling at it :smt007 anyway it has a 115 yamaha 4 stroke and is 19 foot in length. It is on tallahassee and valdosta craigslist.
His name is scott young 229-941-5231. I dont know him, I just know his boat. :-D he is asking 8K. alex
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Wanted: Bay or Center Console Boat

Post by silverking »

Thanks John. That does sound like it would fit the bill. I passed your post on to him, so maybe he might put you out of your misery.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Bay or Center Console Boat

Post by silverking »

Alex,
You don't have to drool any longer, 'cause that boat is long gone. My buddy and his dad took delivery today. Haven't seen it yet, but the boat apparently looks great, has been well cared for and is in wonderful shape. It's even the right color.

Thanks again for the referral. And my buddy really thanks you. :D
rockyg

Re: Bay or Center Console Boat--Found

Post by rockyg »

Well.......it has been a while since I checked in here. Like several years.

Thanks again to my good friend Capt. Dave and also to JohnA for the assistance with my boat shopping. It turned out that Scott Young did have the perfect boat for us. He is a super nice guy and frankly hated to sell his boat......but with 4 (yes 4) boys at home he needed to get the college fund underway. So it was a win/win deal for all.

My dad got me started fishing in St. Marks over 40 years ago. He and I have literally spent a lifetime down there although he has spent the last 15 years messing with horses instead of boats. It will be a special trip when we get 3 generations (including my 19 yo son) on the new bay boat and run down the river.

I hope that memory will last me forever.
Sun Daze

Post by Sun Daze »

Look out Rocky, you'll be parking the KTM and spending your weekends on the water rather than at the races! I spent way more days on the water last year than I have in years! As you know, my race attendance was non-existant. We need to get together and burn some gas and hit the water. I'll show you around the Keaton area if you want. St. Marks is sometimes over-run with idiots. I like the Keaton area, usually there are fewer crazies out there... Jared
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

rockyg wrote:Well.......it has been a while since I checked in here. Like several years.

Thanks again to my good friend Capt. Dave and also to JohnA for the assistance with my boat shopping. It turned out that Scott Young did have the perfect boat for us. He is a super nice guy and frankly hated to sell his boat......but with 4 (yes 4) boys at home he needed to get the college fund underway. So it was a win/win deal for all.

My dad got me started fishing in St. Marks over 40 years ago. He and I have literally spent a lifetime down there although he has spent the last 15 years messing with horses instead of boats. It will be a special trip when we get 3 generations (including my 19 yo son) on the new bay boat and run down the river.

I hope that memory will last me forever.
:thumbup: :thumbup: Been alot of talk around the Fire Dept here in Moultrie about that boat...how nice it is and how it would make someone a nice 'un.Sounds like it ended up in the right fellas hand.Hope you get tons of joy and usage my friend.
Flatsbroke
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Hi Jared.........yes, I'll bet my KTM will be sitting in the shop when the weather warms up. I have never been to Keaton, maybe I can tag along one day after tax season.

Thanks Flatsbroke. If you guys had seen the smile on my dads face when he was driving that boat on Sunday you would know it had found a good home. He has a list a foot long of things he was headed to West Marine to buy. Like a 70 year old kid in a candy store.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

That's great to hear.I'll be sure to stop and speak when I see you and the family on the water.
Flatsbroke
JohnA

Post by JohnA »

I am glad it worked out. I hope you, your dad, and your son make lots of memories. Meanwhile, I will keep looking for that perfect boat (when I have the perfect money LOL); I guess looking is half the fun alex