St. Marks this weekend?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

setty7

St. Marks this weekend?

Post by setty7 »

The weather may not be perfect. On saturday (2/11) its a high of 65 and low of 39 and partly cloudy. Yall think it will still be okay to go out? Where will the fish be? Hope to be out there around 11ish. Yalls help is greatly appreciated. Taken a few buddies out for the first time since my dad and I got the boat so I dont want to dis-apoint them. Thanks guys!

Setty
fishfalcon

Re: St. Marks this weekend?

Post by fishfalcon »

You need to take a close look at the tide and wind especially if you are new to the area and in a new boat. There is a negative low tide and a 10 mph north wind expected which will push even more water out. If you plan to launch at the lighthouse at 11, you better have a skinny water boat. There will be a lot of exposed oyster bars.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

you better have a skinny water boat.***You better have a skinny water trailor !!! Ramp could be dry :thumbup: :thumbup:
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Looks like a good day, setty7. Rising tide 10 to 4; about 3.5-foot change. Yeah, might want to pass on the lighthouse ramp, and put in at the Fort or at Shields. I don't know where the fish will be; prolly not the flats. I usually guess river/creeks around structure, holes, or shallow water over dark bottom; but none of that works out for me. :roll: Catch'em up, and give us a report.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
setty7

Post by setty7 »

thanks guys! we usually put in at shields or the fort. how is the light house ramp (duck stamp)? ive heard good things about it (i.e. closer to the flatts etc.)
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

The light house ramp is awesome...... but when I went this wed. There was no water on it. We launched kayaks off the bottom of the ramp and were scrabing mud the entire paddle out to the gulf.
Strong tides this week and north wind..... you would be better off at the fort or sheilds. I PROMISE you... NOONE with a stinkpot was going in or out of the lighthouse at low tide.
I had to pushpole my yak over the bump at the end of the ramp when we put in.
setty7

Post by setty7 »

wow thats shallow!