beeliners and mangrove snapper near Mexico Beach???

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

slayer

beeliners and mangrove snapper near Mexico Beach???

Post by slayer »

was hoping to get some info on how to target Mangrove and beeliners.......when we go to Mexico beach, catching Red snapper is never a problem, 4/0 or 5/0 hook on a knocker rig works awesome.......but I'm tired of being limited on when and how many ARS I can keep.....I've never caught any of the "other" snapper and wanted to know where and how to target them......with fishing as good/great as it is around or near the carbodies, i figured I would have accidently caught one of them by now.....

As usual, i will be down for ARS season as often as I can from atlanta, but this year, we are spending the 3rd week in april down in Mexico beach as our yearly family vacation, and I would love to know how to target these fish...any tips on how, and general location would be greatly appreciated
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

BayGator

Re: beeliners and mangrove snapper near Mexico Beach???

Post by BayGator »

I have caught mangrove snapper in the Gulf County Canal before but not on any kind of regular basis. I usually look for the trees that have fallen over into the water from the bank and they are stacked up under the limbs. I'm no help with the beeliners, but I know there are plenty of them caught on all the normal red snapper spots offshore. Since your going to be here in April check out the Ling Ding tournament and keep an eye out for the cobes. It could be worth about $3500.00 to ya!!