River O' Reds

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

River O' Reds

Post by LucWilliams »

Slipped out yesterday afternoon when my Dad got off work but it was blowing pretty good and we didn't do much. Couple small trout and reds on topwater was all we had to show for our trip.

Today was a little bit of a different story. After a frustrating morning battling the low tide and high winds, we were looking for things to turn around. We know that people catch fish deep so we gave that a shot early, but that's not really how we roll and we are out of our element out there. After screwing around with that and not doing much, we moved back in towards shore where we know what we are doing. We got on some fish but nothing to brag on and it seemed like all I was doing was breaking off lures and tieing knots, it was terrible. We were looking for it to turn around. My Dad was rewarded with a couple keeper trout on topwater and then we decided to make a move.

Once we got out into the area we wanted to focus on, it was on! I hooked a nice red on a good ole Jerry's shrimp and he wasn't alone. Before we knew it, we were surrounded by BIG reds. They were in a frenzy unlike anything I'd ever seen. My Dad hooked up right away and we had a good double going. My fish ended up being 26.5 and his was 32.5. After a quick photo op of our double, the big boy went back home and mine stayed on board with us. Once we had our fish landed, the school was no longer visible but the fish were clearly still in the area. For about an hour we caught keeper after keeper, with a few puppy reds and a few oversized reds mixed in. Ended up with something like 15 legal fish and 3 oversized and 3 puppies. Our biggest fish was that initial 32.5 inch red. We also released a 28 and a 27.1 inch red. We brough home two fish that were 26+ and two that were 23.5 inch twins. It was by far our best day of redfishin ever. Caught fish using lots of different techniques. What a day! I'm attaching lots of pictures as we were snapping away trying to keep track of the different fish we were catching.

Tight lines, I'll be back on the water Monday.

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: River O' Reds

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup: <a bdp
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Wow! That's awesome. Congrats.
The Back Porch
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Well, then....awesome day Luc! Must be the boat. :-D

Bailey :beer:
sundown
Site Sponsor

Post by sundown »

Dang funny how that works.... Nephew and I went out of Enconfina this morning about 8:30 on that same low tide and gusty winds. Ran several miles to one honey hole in about 6' water and didn't do much.. Wondered if it was a jumpy trout hole....Moved two more times and and got two limits of very nice trout before 12. From there went to a creek to get a couple of reds to finish out a mess of fish. Threw every thing in the boat for 2 1/2 hours and caught one trout on a spoon...Didn't even get a strike from a red.......Loaded up and came home !
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

only had that happen to myself and an old fishing buddy one time, you never forget it
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

SWEET! :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Them must be your lucky shorts. I'd wear drawers like that too if they helped me fish like you.
Great job