Russian Attack Sub in the Gulf...

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Russian Attack Sub in the Gulf...

Post by mjsigns »

Russian attack submarine sailed in Gulf of Mexico undetected for weeks, U.S. officials say
{The Washington Beacon}

A Russian nuclear-powered attack submarine armed with long-range cruise missiles operated undetected in the Gulf of Mexico for several weeks and its travel in strategic U.S. waters was only confirmed after it left the region, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

more....
http://freebeacon.com/silent-running/

:o :o :o
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Russian Attack Sub in the Gulf...

Post by Salty Gator »

Probably poaching JT's holes
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
neckmoe

Post by neckmoe »

Nobody believed me when i tried to tell them something big broke me off.
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!
Flanders
Site Sponsor

Post by Flanders »

So in other words, anyone with a freaking nuclear sub can just drive up to our shores, toss few nuclear war heads up our arse and leave. Seriously? I knew we were a little more vulnerable than we would want to be but dayum!

This sounds like a test just to see how close they can get. Apparently real close.. Thats just great!

So how is Obama's golf game lately? Anyone herd?
I come from a small drinking community with a fishing problem
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

SO! Russia is increasing the size of its military,building warships and we are decreasing military and stopping defense contracts.
That is OK. Everybody can use their government mandated insurance to pay to get the shrapnel out of their ass.
:smt034 :smt035 I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony .
Better stock up on ammo while you still can.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Might be that one of these blew up the levy in N'oleans during the hurricane? :-D
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

DAYUM!

Obama is so intimidated by Putin it is ridiculous. I'm sure all remember his rather recent "dead mic" incident when he was sending a message to Putin to wait until after the election. Wait for what?

Now when I'm at Anky I'll have another concern besides some unbridled Taylor county ruffians.....the damn Russians on the flats! :o
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Wouldn't surprise me to find out they were off-loading terrorists or picking up spies.
The Alaska/California Russian bombers got the militarys' attention on the West Coast at the same time frame the sub was in the Gulf.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Jobu
Site Sponsor

Post by Jobu »

They left when Red Snapper season closed. They'll be back next year on June 1st if there is a Snapper season in 2013. You know they are endangered.
Yo, Bartender.. Jobu needs a refill!!
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

former friend was a sonar tech stationed at Norfolk, said there was ALWAYS a russian hanging out in the acoustic dead spot just offshore...he turned out to be a narcissistic pathological liar, so who knows...
850-273-8818
Sea Fox
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Fox »

Dang Commies!
Sea Ya !
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

In 1967 we had U.S. fast attack nuke submarines inside Russia's main military harbor for thirty days at a clip recording the "noise signature" of every vessal sailing in or out of their port. For them to be in the Gulf Of Mexico ain;t no big deal. There is plenty of International Waters for them to drive around in. We spend almost $800 Billion a year on defense spending, and are getting our butts beat with $230. IED's !! We spend more than anyone in the world. The second highest on military spending is China------------------ They spend $51 Billion a year on military. Now do you really want to spend MORE !!!!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

lonesouth wrote:former friend was a sonar tech stationed at Norfolk, said there was ALWAYS a russian hanging out in the acoustic dead spot just offshore...he turned out to be a narcissistic pathological liar, so who knows...
What is he now,President?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

charlie tuna wrote: The second highest on military spending is China------------------ They spend $51 Billion a year on military. Now do you really want to spend MORE !!!!
I approve whatever it takes to STAY #1.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

"NUMBER ONE" at what???? "Number One" at spending? We are 100 times more powerful than any country in the world. Fifty years ago a nuke polaris sub carried 16 missiles with a 3000 mile range. That one sub could hit targets anywhere in the world -- fire power enough to kill twenty-five percent of the WORLD's population!! NOW, that same sub today can carry 192 missiles - with MORE fire power, and longer range. How many times can you KILL someone. As i said, our butts are being kicked by IED's. Find a defense against them and i am all for developing them!!! We operated out of Guam, and always had a Russian trawler rigged with recording equipment that harrassed us in and out of port -- but Russia isn't the country it used to be. Countries found other things to spend their monies on. There needs to be some balance on defense spending and too much of this tax money funnels back into lobbist spending.