GA BOATERS BEWARE

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

gafisher

GA BOATERS BEWARE

Post by gafisher »

Just learned Sunday leaving Keaton beach in Perry courtesy of Florida highway patrol officer Smyrnios that you must have the registration card that comes with the sticker from the tag office with you when you are pulling you boat in Florida. If not you have to send ten dollars to the clerk of court with a copy of the registration. The tags that we have on our trailers must be as useful as a strait fishing hook. Last time I checked the tag that is in date is proof as registration . Florida trying to get money anyway they can. After all we were pulled over for no brake lights ( which was working when we checked 100yds down the road in first parking lot we came to). Hope this saves someone ten dollars and cost Florida government ten.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: GA BOATERS BEWARE

Post by Gulf Coast »

Went to school with the Smyrnois brothers, if he said said your brake lights weren't working then I would have them checked out !!
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Don't feel picked on Georgia brothers/sisters, i was stopped in the keys by the State Trooper and given a warning on my "flash rate" ??? RE: the number of "blinks per minute" on my turn signals??? WHAT ??
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Charlie tuna, you must have been pulling "Real Ugly"?

That is a hard one to beat but......my brother -in-law was ran down and pulled over by a policemen in Tarpon Springs. Lots of us in North Florida have a habit of saluting any and everyone with a hand wave from the steering wheel when we meet on the road, especially law officers. Well, he saluted a policeman and must have been a little lazy with the hand. The officer accused him of shooting him a bird!

It gets funnier, my brother-in-law is a good person but don't get him riled. It took him a moment to understand the charges but when he did, it was all his game. When they parted, the officer plainly understood he had made a very silly mistake.

My hat is off to all law officers and am thankful for them. A few seems to be human and makes mistakes from time to time. Thank you for making our roads and waters safer.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

I believe Fl law states, you must have your registration in your vehicle at all times. You must also have your boat registration with the boat at all times and also the trailer registration, regardless of the state you are from.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

reelbad wrote:I believe Fl law states, you must have your registration in your vehicle at all times. You must also have your boat registration with the boat at all times and also the trailer registration, regardless of the state you are from.

That's right Tom!
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

I was told by a friend, who's son is a State Trooper stationed in the keys, that they target trailered boats in the keys. There thinking is "if you want to fish in the keys, charter a boat". Now i am a firm believer in seat belts, and NEVER go antwhere without mine "on"! The first thing this trooper did was, tell me "i CAN give you a ticket for not having your seatbelt "on" "! I had taken it off to reach for my wallet!! They do herrass boaters in the keys !! And i too, totally respect ALL law enforcement people.
CarolinaJim

Post by CarolinaJim »

I've never heard that trailers are exempt from carry the registration in GA. You must carry that paper for the vehicle, not sure why you think it is not required for the trailer as well?
My electronics cost more than my boat,motor, and trailer.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I keep the tag registration in the boat with the boat registration. I figure I aint going to go very far without the boat on the trailer :-D :smt004 :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

wevans wrote:I keep the tag registration in the boat with the boat registration. I figure I aint going to go very far without the boat on the trailer :-D :smt004 :beer:
X2
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

wevans wrote:I keep the tag registration in the boat with the boat registration. I figure I aint going to go very far without the boat on the trailer :-D :smt004 :beer:
This
Stay Thirsty My Friends