Photo All-Release Tournament.....won't work?

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rockyg

Photo All-Release Tournament.....won't work?

Post by rockyg »

Looks like the Kayak boys plan to have one of those photo all release tournaments I mentioned last week.

http://www.fcka.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8290

Evidently they don't know it won't work. (according to some on this very forum) Cheating will be rampant, anglers will go home weak from starvation due to not being able to eat the pictures, barb-less hooks may be involved, dogs and cats sleeping together, the world as we know it might end. :lol:

Don't they know that it ain't really a fishin tournament if you can't hold up a big stringer of dead fish. :smt009

Those Yac guys.....they ain't right. (Glad I recently bought one)

Good luck and kudos to all those folks.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
mpa_72001

Re: Photo All-Release Tournament.....won't work?

Post by mpa_72001 »

Good luck in that kayak tournament!
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

Sounds like you should join in.
cotton

Post by cotton »

Absolutely a awesome event for a good cause. Great food, good fishing and whole lot of great guys and gals. Unlike those boat guys who are always canceling their tournaments, the weather will not deter the plastic navy.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

rockyg wrote:Looks like the Kayak boys plan to have one of those photo all release tournaments I mentioned last week.

http://www.fcka.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8290

Evidently they don't know it won't work. (according to some on this very forum) Cheating will be rampant, anglers will go home weak from starvation due to not being able to eat the pictures, barb-less hooks may be involved, dogs and cats sleeping together, the world as we know it might end. :lol:

Don't they know that it ain't really a fishin tournament if you can't hold up a big stringer of dead fish. :smt009

Those Yac guys.....they ain't right. (Glad I recently bought one)

Good luck and kudos to all those folks.
:smt005 :smt005 Love it! :smt005 :smt005
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

My question is why are you so worried about what everyone else is doing? If you really want to push the conservation agenda go back to fishing with a stick and string and then you get credit. The laws say you can catch and kill fish. There is nothing wrong with that at all. You bash all the other fisherman on here and for what reason? So you can feel better that a couple of trout swim off unharmed. If everyone would just stfu and mind their own business things would be great on this fishing forum again. Now nobody wants to post fishing stories, pictures, or anything because some douchebag armchair treehugger will moan and whine about every little detail. Rant over, carry on with the conservation, I am going to catch a fish.
cotton

Post by cotton »

I catch and kill fish every week. But, if you don't see the harm in killing trophy fish, I can't help you.

Just ask yourself; How many 7 ft centers in the nba have 5 ft parents?
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

cotton wrote:I catch and kill fish every week. But, if you don't see the harm in killing trophy fish, I can't help you.

Just ask yourself; How many 7 ft centers in the nba have 5 ft parents?
That is a fair question if you can prove every trophy fish came from another trophy fish. Can you?
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

So "conservation" is bad......conserving our fisheries resources so they will be viable for years to come is a bad Idea?

Note to self....I better add "douchebag armchair treehugger" to my signature. :smt004
― John Dutton
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

To my knowlege( which is limited), every FCKA tourney they have ever had was photo and release. I don't think there have been any problems w cheating ever. I could be wrong. I was also informed that the hewes/maverick/pathfinder tourney is photo only. They give you a camera to use and all fish pics must be on that film. I will say I do eat fish and bring the occasional red home for dinner, but I wouldn't mind if the big breeder trout were set free.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

Conservation is good and there are laws in place to keep the fisheries in good shape. Bashing other fisherman for not having the same approach as you is where the problem is.
cotton

Post by cotton »

BayGator wrote: That is a fair question if you can prove every trophy fish came from another trophy fish. Can you?
Every???

Even a pig farmer has enough sense to use superior pigs for breeding and to butcher those with inferior genetics. He's just improving the odds. We should do the same. Likewise, if one of his prized sows gets injured. Off to the butcher she goes.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

BayGator wrote:Conservation is good and there are laws in place to keep the fisheries in good shape. Bashing other fisherman for not having the same approach as you is where the problem is.
Whereas bashing me is fine for having my own opinion that differs from some others? Have I used a derogatory name on here at any time directed at any individual? I'm just promoting something that I feel is important. Something that I have worked for, invested my time and money in, and believed in for over 30 years.

The groundwork we laid all those years ago is why you have Trout and Redfish to catch today. A lot of people from all over this state worked very hard for many years so you can catch a cooler full today. I'm very proud to have been part of that. Very proud.

I just don't want today's fishermen to forget the lessons of an over-harvested past so our kids and their kids can enjoy the sport we all love. So YES...I am willing to "push this conservation thing".
― John Dutton
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I'm just so glad that I decided to check the ol forum out again today.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Reel Cowboy wrote:I'm just so glad that I decided to check the ol forum out again today.
A buddy :smt006