Prayers for the family and step son Josh

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ranaman

Prayers for the family and step son Josh

Post by Ranaman »

We had quite the scare Tuesday onset of Type one Diabeties had Josh in Ketoacidosis and we were in ER Tuesday and transfered up to ICU for the night and most of Wednesday. Now in Pediatrics being relesesed today with a whole new life ahead of him. Being a thin kid and wrestler he will have to monitor and administer insulin 3 times a day the rest of his life and at 15 yrs old that is a lot to face for this young man. Thanks in advance for you prayers and concerns. -Joe and Celeste
big bend gyrene

Re: Prayers for the family and step son Josh

Post by big bend gyrene »

Dang, Joe, HATE to hear the news, but most DEFINITELY will be lifting Josh and y'all up in prayers!
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
CairoTrout
Site Sponsor

Post by CairoTrout »

Prayers sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will be just fine
All things are possible when you turn your life to Jesus.If you don't know how just ask.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

I hate to hear that, but I wish him the best. I have a cousin with Type 1 and she didn't take care of herself when she was younger. She ended up being on daily dialysis for years before she was able to get a transplant. Make sure he eats right and takes those insulin shots everyday and he should be fine. Just be glad he got diagnosed before it got too out of hand. We'll keep ya'll in our prayers.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Praying for Josh and the family.
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Josh was released today and actully had a fairly normal lunch with him and Celeste!! :thumbup: he looks skinny but a lot better than Tuesday! thanks for all the prayers and well wishes this will be as much of a challenge for us as it is him. Certainly fortunate to have a CCRN as a wife who can talk the talk!
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Ranaman wrote:Certainly fortunate to have a CCRN as a wife who can talk the talk!
Amen on that one, Brother! Don't think Josh could be more fortunate in having perfect folks who can help him travel the road ahead.

Again, Joe, prayers that y'all have him keeping it in check with relative ease going forward! :thumbup:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
reeltherapy

Post by reeltherapy »

Very sorry to hear that and will be praying for him. something to check into is a d.a.d. A diabetic alert dog. not sure if you have a fb account or not but look up saving Luke- a diabetic alert dog for luke. he is a little boy four years old that was diagnosed with type 1 about a year old. his dog can alert to high or low b.s. 10 min before a meter can detect it. it helps to keep him completely regulated and that is the key to not having the negative effects on the body. it is one of the most amazing things i have ever seen and may really be something to check into.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I've been praying for him since Tuesday. I'm glad he's back home now.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

my prayers go out to you and your family. My son was found to have it after he was in the marines 10 years , he is now on the pump has completed college and is now a teacher in Ga. He has learned to take better care of himself and has had very few problems
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Sorry to hear about your son and we will be in prayer for him.

Some amazing post!

Even at worst, you can still Praise The Lord for finding it in time and also being able to do something to help with the condition. Often times some of the worst things turns out to be hidden blessings! We pray this will be true for your son.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

Hey, Joe. Hope it's all uphill from here. I'll be thinking about you all.
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Have to thank everyone again Josh was a little taken a back when we showed him all your responses the other night, he is doing well and back at school today after seeing the endocrinologist in Tally yesterday he really has stepped up keeping track of everything and making the adjustments needed to continue his life! You guys continue to amaze me and Celeste with the support you've given to us and others over the years we DO appreciate every one of you!! -Joe
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Ranaman wrote:Have to thank everyone again Josh was a little taken a back when we showed him all your responses the other night, he is doing well and back at school today after seeing the endocrinologist in Tally yesterday he really has stepped up keeping track of everything and making the adjustments needed to continue his life! You guys continue to amaze me and Celeste with the support you've given to us and others over the years we DO appreciate every one of you!! -Joe
Thank you God for all your blessings!

Josh, often times we have to take it one day at a time! We'll be praying and pulling for you.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP