Any signs of chasing or rutting activity in your area?

For all your hunting related posts! If we get enough traffic here there will be other sub forums: Turkey Hunting, Deer Hunting, Duck Hunting...

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Any signs of chasing or rutting activity in your area?

Post by Rhettley »

The crazy weather that messed with my fishing all summer seems to be affecting deer hunting too. I hunt a small piece of land that has been in my family for at least 5 generations. It is in Baker County GA just SW of Albany between Newton and Leary. Traditionally from about Nov. 15th to Dec. 15th is when the rut is on. I have only been 3 times this month but I'm seeing no ground scrapes or chasing of does yet. I did find one little scrape about the size of a pie plate but it hasn't been worked in several weeks. I'm still expecting it to start up any day now and I imagine this cooler weather will help.
How about everyone else? What area of GA or FL are you hunting and are you seeing any rut activity yet?
DAWG FAN

Re: Any signs of chasing or rutting activity in your area?

Post by DAWG FAN »

I hunt on Dougherty/Mitchell line and 2 weekends ago saw several small bucks chasing but none this past weekend. Have seen a few bucks that their hocks are truning black. Hopefully we will get some cooler weather in to stay. Our normal rut usually starts about now and runs thru to the 1st of December but not looking that way right now. Maybe this full moon will get them going.
2012 Sea Fox 200XT-SOLD
2003 16' Sundance Skiff
2013 40 HP Mercury Bigfoot
2017 Sea Fox XTS Viper
2017 150hp Yamaha SHO
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

If you are hunting NE Leon or NW Jefferson you better get ready. It's right on time. Been seeing small bucks running does for the last week. Last week of Nov and first of Dec you better be in the woods.

Rhett- Don't let the hot weather discourage you. They will still do their thing.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Only sign of rutting I've seen in Lowndes County was at Creekside ... Creekside Bar & Grill that is! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
roadtrip
Site Sponsor

Post by roadtrip »

They have been chasing in Brooks County for 10 days. Some real nice deer have gone down.