Job Searching

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

Job Searching

Post by LucWilliams »

Hello all,

I will be moving back to Tallahassee in the middle of December upon graduation. With my Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in hand, I'll be seaching for employment! Posting this here to see if any of my fishing buddies know of any potential jobs. Any help would be very much appreciated.

On a side note, my college soccer career has reached its biggest stage yet. This past weekend we beat St. Leo on their home field on penalty kicks. After the score was tied 1-1 through regulation and overtime, we prevailed in the shootout. This weekend, we compete in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Division 2 National Tournament. We play at #4 in the country Rollins on Friday night. Wish us luck.

Yall catch em up, tight lines, and thanks for the help!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Job Searching

Post by SS-342 »

Maybe you could get a job at Florida? Seems they need some help!

Congratulations on the team winning and wishing you lots of luck with both the job and team!

By the way, I'm a Florida grad and proud of it! They still need HELP and that is the truth.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Cannot wait for your return Luc. Just noticed this, and could not pass up the opportunity. I've got plenty of work for you, might even pay you a little, including trips for you to guide me on. Question is - should we plan a trip to the Marsh before you bring the Mitzi back?

Who knows, maybe something will open up at the Lottery. Wouldn't that be great??????????????
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

You won't ever have to pay for a spot on the Mitzi Pops, you've earned it. At least one trip to the marsh is a must before the skiff comes back to Tally. Plan on arranging that after we win a national championship.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

congrats on the graduation and even more-so on the advancement to the tourney!

I gotta say, sure wish FSU had division play when I played for the club team, dang title 9 crap!

Rollins is absolutely gorgeous if you haven't played there before, their pitch is pristine.

As for jobs, start checking employflorida.com, glassdoor, indeed, etc.

And don't hesitate to check the workforce plus sites as well. The best thing to do is get in good with the local sports mgmt network in town and reach out from there.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Thanks Galantnole. This will be my 5th time playing at Rollins in my college career. We play them every year either at our place or theirs and have played them in the national tourney also. First time we played them this year we lost 2-1 at their place. Both teams had chances but they made the most of theirs. I believe whichever team makes the most of their chances will win tomorrow.

I've been looking on some of those websites and will add those others to where I'm looking and continue to search. Thanks again!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Fishing is a sport.
CCA is taking applications for a Regional Manager.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Thanks JT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk