Anyone have the Knack - Chainsaw Tuning

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RodBow
Site Sponsor

Anyone have the Knack - Chainsaw Tuning

Post by RodBow »

I had a split primer bulb on my Poulan PP4218 and replaced the bulb. When taking it apart, I may have mistaken the idle speed screw for one that needed removed to get the pull cord assmbly off.
Now the dang thing won't keep running...
Yes I've screwed with the screw, put new gas in it, made sure the fuel lines were in place but it just doesn't keep running.
I (and my neighbors) would like to get this solved so I can finish up the tree that fell Christmas.
Any suggestions or recs on someone who can tune this thing?

(I guess I could take it up the hospital for JT to play with but...)

If anyone knows the starting position of the idle screw ( how many turns out ) that would help.
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone have the Knack - Chainsaw Tuning

Post by wevans »

CHECK THE MUFFLER :o Mine had the same symptom and a dirt dobber had stopped up the exhaust :hammer:
To know fer sure, take the muffler off and then crank it "but don't run it long like that' :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
MarkM

Re: Anyone have the Knack - Chainsaw Tuning

Post by MarkM »

Turn the screw in, turn the screw out, start in the middle. Then do the hokey pokey.