Seeking help

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Mister Mullet

Seeking help

Post by Mister Mullet »

Working on a piece for the Democrat on fishing with elderly anglers. I'd like a quote or two from some medical professionals, and also some info from elderly fishermen too. I know what works for me, but I want this to be a story lots of old folks can relate to. Any of you guides out there can add your 2-cents also.
Thanks,
Jerry Gerardi
Tallahassee Democrat
Ifishtoo

Re: Seeking help

Post by Ifishtoo »

Native Floridian, 63 yrs old, fished since I was a kid. Grew up around a small place called Orlando, smaller than Tallahassee in 1969, when I met my wife at FSU. Worked as electrician, a 100 ton Capt, and HS math/physics teacher. Yes, I've worn many hats.

What would you like to hear about? I went to HS with a fella who was in Fl Legislature for a while. He once asked me what I thought about gill netting, shrimp trawls, etc...... and here we are 25 yrs later! He never did ask me what I thought about coastal real estate developers.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

I must ask for some clarification of "elderly"? :o
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

Dad is 82. Put a seat on the bow for him. Other than that he is still self sufficient.
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

I'm looking at health issues, ie: shade, hydration, balance issues, medications and seasickness, bathroom tactics, etc. Elderly to me is 70 and up. I'm 67 and know what issues affect me. I need your views.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

RHTFISH wrote:I must ask for some clarification of "elderly"? :o
You can fall under the medical professional umbrella Doc! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Team Jolly Mon