Fishing Keaton this sat.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mountain man

Fishing Keaton this sat.

Post by mountain man »

Thinking about taking family to fish out of Keaton on Sat. . How's the water,still stained? What depth have folks been having luck with? The last few posts I saw were more 4-6 foot range.
zload
Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing Keaton this sat.

Post by zload »

Have not been on the water but the area got between 3" - 8"+ of rain Wed. night and into Thursday. The heaviest rain was near Steinhatchee and immediately inland along the river but the radar accumulation shows around 3" right at Keaton so I would anticipate lots of fresh water and not much visibility. Still going to be a nice weekend so I would see if you could find some "less dirty" water maybe North of KB and give it a try. I got the radar estimates at the link below and a friend of mine got 6.92" in his rain gauge in South Suwannee County.

Good luck!

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge2/RFC_Precip/
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing Keaton this sat.

Post by SS-342 »

Mountain Man:

Don't know which direction you like to fish, north or south, but either way could be good. Last week I found more north but it changes around.

South: I check out Dog Head then proceed to Piney Point and fish it good at several depths then to Big Grassy, Spotty Bottom and the number three birdrack area.

North: My favorite area is the Eagle's Nest area between Spring Warrior and Rock Island but Oyster Reef two miles north of Spring Warrior, Spring Warrior, Yates Creek and off of Adams Beach are all good spots certain times of the year.

This week I found our limit of trout in 6-7 foot water. We were fishing the high tide but the week before we got our limit on low tide in 6 feet of water.

Find them and they'll bite. You just have to hunt and find them and that could change day by day.

I think the larger 4"-5" gulp shrimp or jerk shad baits are better this time of year. White with chart tail, chart pepper and nuclear chicken are good colors. Pink is good but this week and last it didn't work. That all changes so you have to try until you find the color they want.

Hope this helps. Good fishing and good luck.

Post a good fishing report with pictures. That always make me want to go again!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP