Crooked Island

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Snapperlr

Crooked Island

Post by Snapperlr »

Heading over to St Joe later this week and thought I might try something a little different. Any recommendations for fishing around Crooked Island and if so is the ramp that I see in there okay to use? Boat is a larger flats boat.

Thanks!
shallow*minded

Re: Crooked Island

Post by shallow*minded »

I launch at the sand ramp on Research Road & run west until it opens in the bay. Fish the grass beds with topwater or soft plastics under a cork. Redfish like to hang around the north shore south of where the drones launch (lots of junk in the water). There is a hole at the ramp where you can jump on plane, run between the pvc poles & then stay in the middle until you reach the mouth of the bay. There are pvc poles that mark the channel at the mouth & then it is clear to run in the bay (track is linked: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IlU7 ... sp=sharing )