Apalachicola Launch and Navigation

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishing coach
Site Sponsor

Apalachicola Launch and Navigation

Post by fishing coach »

Wife and I are going down this friday morning and staying in Apalachicola for the night and then over to St George with my mom on Saturday. When I'm down there I usually fish the bay side of Little St. George west of the cut. We put in at the bridge on the main island and run over that way. Any suggestions on a launch in Appalach and maybe somewhere to leave the boat in the water over night? Also, are there any navigational hazards or tricky channels that I need to be aware of heading south to the Island? Thanks
fishing coach
Site Sponsor

Re: Apalachicola Launch and Navigation

Post by fishing coach »

Staying at the Gibson Inn, so something on that side would be nice.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Apalachicola Launch and Navigation

Post by silverking »

If I'm not mistaken there are a few transient slips available in the marina/ramp under the bridge. Not sure who would know for sure, maybe the Gibson folks or call the city offices. Also not sure about security. I wouldn't leave anything valuable on board unless it's locked.

From there, it's a pretty straight shot across the bay. Follow the channel markers and it'll take you to Bob Sikes Cut. Hang a right and you're there at LSGI.

Good luck. Some good fishing over there normally. This hot water might have the bite off a little. Reds in tight and trout in the deeper grass flats.