St. Marks or Econfina rivers

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

St. Marks or Econfina rivers

Post by DixieReb »

Has anybody fished St. Marks above the fort lately, or tried Econfina river? Just wondered if anything was hitting.
Yours in the South
Williamsdad

Re: St. Marks or Econfina rivers

Post by Williamsdad »

We found fish just outside the Fort on Sunday, 4/5 limit of trout to 18", a red @ 22", and 2 sheepshead, 1 of the biggest I've ever seen, but it's all going to be changing again with the warm up, not complaining, just sayin. been waiting for Luc to post a report (by your request), but he's busy keeping Tallahassee Parks and Rec playing games.

Let us know if you find 'em.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Thanks, good report. You say outside the fort, did you go up or downriver?
Yours in the South
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

When we were out, there were fish just north (upriver) from fort. Warm weather may spread them out a little bit again. Good luck!
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

thanks for the report i have talk to some of my neighbors down at econfina and they all say it has been slow to no fish in the river and some of the creeks where they
are this time of the year, think i am going to go down this weekend and fish for some black sea bass
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Went out of the fort yesterday. Went up river both ways. Trout and Reds. half a dozen reds with a couple keepers to 23" and a couple dozen trout to slot (and a couple over 20" the day before).

Ran over to GCB and not much doing there, but did quite a bit exploring. mullet moving throughout, even down by the light house. They're scattered, but we also had the best catch out of everyone we ran into yesterday... a lot of folks trolling around pickup up bites here or there, one guy even swiped a red on a rattle trap (or so he said).

Get out there and fish. trout on lures, reds on shrimp/lures.

Good luck.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

Galantnole,

If it was an old fat guy in a beat up Tracker 16 ProV, that was me trolling and catching the red fish on the opposite bank from where you were. Fished the same area this morning and did ok on trout (slower on the bite than usual) but no red fish. Gonna try it again in the morning. Water temp today was 58 degrees and a warmer afternoon might get us closer to the 60 degree mark in the morning.