Fishing

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Fishing

Post by DixieReb »

Is anybody fishing? Almost no activity here. Caught a few silver trout and big sailcats off SGI bridge Fri. evening til after dark. Bit best after dark, still biting when I left.
Yours in the South
ertauber

Re: Fishing

Post by ertauber »

I fish very actively 3-4 times per week. Been catching trout, ladyfish, blues, jacks and sharks every trip. Haven't caught many redfish in the last month but a friend of mine has been doing very well on reds in the St Marks area. I usually launch at Mash Sands and fish Panacea to Alligator Point on the flats.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

few trout here in and there...

last couple trips in our area we left and the reds were still biting. the other evening I think we put about a dozen reds or so in the boat.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Caught 4 reds, all keepers on Saturday. Had to jump in once to cool off though. Man it was hot.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

I gave it a good try this weekend, Friday pm and Saturday at the St Marks public reefs in 20-25 ft....lots of bait fish, no cobia, a few Spanish and one shark. It was hot, slow, and hard to stay out there. Water temp is 90 degrees, even the mackerel seemed lethargic. Also tried the west flats on the way in...saw some things hitting bait fish, but nothing caught using live shrimp. (except presumed pin fish bites)
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

I fish very inshore in my kayak and I've been spotting and catching reds pretty consistently first light and evenings; it's jacks, sharks, and sailcats any other time. I did catch a 13 inch black sea bass on cut LY out in Wakulla Beach last week, but I keep telling me that was a fluke.

Good luck sir.
Ted in Tallahassee

Post by Ted in Tallahassee »

I went off St. Marks Saturday, fished along shores of Palmetto island with topwater plugs, nothing doing, lots of weed fouling the hooks too, kinda annoying. Saw a BIG shark in VERY shallow water right near shore. Good grief. I wish I could un-see that, as I knew I would be scalloping later.

Then we went to flats to about 4 feet deep (high tide), son got 1 keeper trout, we got a couple of sharks, saw some Macks (cut my mono leader off, lost my Clark Silver Minnow spoon, DANG, then saw it later on a sandy spot on the bottom & I jumped in & go it, WIN), got a few short BSB's over the same sandy/spongy area. Then we went scalloping. I pulled the boat around a while & got them here and there and then WHAM I happened into a bona fide nest of the blue-eyed beauties and filled up my mesh bag in relatively short order. And hit the GPS marking button! Point number 247 on my machine, that's all I know that spot by. It was hot and dead still out there, miserable probably if you were not in the water like my son who was "too tired" to swim (translation: "I saw that shark too and NO WAY am I getting in!") Before I got in I had resorted to periodically pouring fresh water all over myself from old gallon milk jugs I bring for that purpose.

Dang pinfish tearing up my Gulp $hrimp again. Wish there were more trout. I'd have liked to catch a half dozen sailcats if I could (they clean awkward but eat good), not to mention catch or even SEE a red. Sick of the dang little sharks already.

Finished off the trip by swinging by the "party bar" way off the lighthouse channel. Then we watched a storm develop and dump rain on shore way off to the east, and decided to head in.

Overall a nice day.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice, we went to Lanark for some scallops and didn't do so well, about 4 gallons between 2 boats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Post by CoastalPirate »

8-23-2015 Launched from Mashes Sands at 7am with 2 buddies and attacked Levy Bay and Whetstone Point with every thing we had (spoons, cut mullet, gulp shrimp, tourist rigs, swimbaits in all sorts of colors). We managed just one....lizard fish...not 2 lizard fish...just one. We did see a lot of sharks and one beautiful eagle ray.
The hunt for the notorious green whale never ends.
Instagram: mikemincy
Youtube: MrCoastalPirate
Fish Dawg

Post by Fish Dawg »

Went to Keaton scalloping and fishing this pass weekend. Limited on scallops in 2 hours , 4 people. Tried fishing with live shrimp in 4-5ft of water. Must have caught 20 , 14" trout. If we had stayed longer we should have caught a few keepers. We will be back next month !!