NFGFC - February 6th 2016 Kickoff Tourney!!

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

NFGFC - February 6th 2016 Kickoff Tourney!!

Post by milto »

Well its 2016 already and once again I have been suckered into doing the tournament duties again. HA! Our first tournament of the year is here in less than 3 weeks. We have made some changes to the rules, which we will go over in our club meeting on the 4th of February. I will have them also updated on the site soon. I just wanted to get the chatter and roll call started now while we finish updating everything. That being said, WHO IS FISHING IN FEBRUARY???

The NFGFC February 6th, 2016 Tournament will be held out of St Marks Outfitters, http://stmarksoutfitters.com/
Anglers may launch from ANY ramp. Safelight is 6:55a.m.
Please review the rules at http://www.nfgfc.org/Rules.html
Entry forms are located at http://www.nfgfc.org/Payments.html

-Tournament entry fee is $20 per (2 person) boat for club members if you register at the meeting on Feb 5th. $10 per each additional member (up to 4 anglers) All non members will pay an additional $5 on top of all regular member fees.

- IF YOU WANT TO REGISTER AND CANNOT MAKE IT TO THE MEETING YOU CAN REGISTER WITH OUR EASY ONLINE PAYMENTS WITH PAYPAL.
CLICK HERE << http://www.nfgfc.org/Payments.html>>

-PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE FOR ENTRY FEES AND EACH OF THE SIDE POTS. At registration, those who have their forms filled out will be registered first.

Tournament Format: Weigh one legal Redfish (between 18” – 27”) and one legal Trout (15” and larger). The combined weight of each team’s 2 fish will determine the winner.
Side pots:
Big Trout - $5 per person, everyone on the boat must participate to win.
Big Redfish - $10 per person, everyone on the boat must participate to win.
Total Weight - $5 per boat, Most combined weight of all tournament fish (Trout, Red, Flounder, & Mystery fish) ***does not count toward angler of the year points***

Kevin’s Fine Outdoor Gear and Apparel, will continue to offer a $50.00 gift certificate for the biggest Flounder at each North Florida Gulf Fishing Club Tournament for 2015. http://www.kevinscatalog.com

Thanks again to Bevis Realty. for sponsoring the February Mystery Fish; $50 for the Largest Sheepshead. http://www.bevisrealty.com

Bass Pro Shops is back in to sponsor the redfish with the most spots with a $50 Gift card as well.

Teams must be checked in by 4:30 pm on tournament day. The weigh-in will begin at 4:45 pm and teams will weigh their fish in the order of entry.

Lets start the year with a big tournament!
Last edited by milto on January 30th, 2016, 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: NFGFC - February 6th 2016 Kickoff Tourney!!

Post by Steve Stinson »

Jumptrout and I will be there as always.... Looking forward to it. :thumbup:
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Well.....Jumptrout and I are the only ones fishin! We win - see you guys in March. :-D
gary z

Post by gary z »

Yep JT wouldn't renew the leases on any of his holes. See you in a couple of weeks
Scout-Fisher

Post by Scout-Fisher »

Could someone share more information about what the NFGFC has to offer a family of 4 (myself, wife, son & daughter)? As I've mentioned previously in my post I am new to the area, been here a little over a year now, and love to fish but have had a hard time finding someone willing to fish with. I have been taking the kids with me as much as I can and they absolutely love it, but they loose interest very quick when the action is slow. Been trying to get the wife to go but haven't been successful at that yet. My fishing background consist of fishing freshwater bass tournaments competitively in Alabama, which is home, and saltwater fishing along the South Carolina coast, when visiting family there. I recently purchased a 20 scout center console that I keep at Rock Landing Marina in Panacea, so most of my fishing had been around Piney island and the occasional trip over and up the Ochlockonee river. I have not yet ventured east to St. Marks. I have had some success and then again there have been days with no success. Mostly what I have caught have been short redfish and the occasional trout. is this a group, should I get involved, that I could make some connections and gain some local knowledge?
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Team Chasin Tail will be there!!!! looking forward to it.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Scout-Fisher wrote:Could someone share more information about what the NFGFC has to offer a family of 4 (myself, wife, son & daughter)? As I've mentioned previously in my post I am new to the area, been here a little over a year now, and love to fish but have had a hard time finding someone willing to fish with. I have been taking the kids with me as much as I can and they absolutely love it, but they loose interest very quick when the action is slow. Been trying to get the wife to go but haven't been successful at that yet. My fishing background consist of fishing freshwater bass tournaments competitively in Alabama, which is home, and saltwater fishing along the South Carolina coast, when visiting family there. I recently purchased a 20 scout center console that I keep at Rock Landing Marina in Panacea, so most of my fishing had been around Piney island and the occasional trip over and up the Ochlockonee river. I have not yet ventured east to St. Marks. I have had some success and then again there have been days with no success. Mostly what I have caught have been short redfish and the occasional trout. is this a group, should I get involved, that I could make some connections and gain some local knowledge?

It is a great group of Guys, Gals and Kids my wife and son fish in almost every tournament with me. The group is friendly and easy going and is a great way to spend one Saturday a month with your family on the water. My son won Jr. angler of the year this past year and all he can talk about is when is the next tournament.
Last edited by Hollywood on January 23rd, 2016, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sorifish

Post by sorifish »

Bushatz and Castleberry are in.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

If the rules changes still allow paddlers, I'm in. Looking forward to testing my beginner's sheepshead skills. Along those lines, do circle hooks (as Capt Mike suggests) really work for sheepies? I keep reading about setting the hook quickly, which is NOT what circle hooks are typically about.

Alert to JT: I will of course do the opposite of whatever you advise. That always seems to work.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Hi Scout! I will have to echo what Hollywood said, and to add, I'd suggest to come to our meeting at Beef O' Brady's on the 4th of Feb. We will be going over rules and answer any questions. It's also a good time to talk to others in the club about questions you may have and just talk some good ole crap with your fishin buddies. Who knows you may even find a partner there at the meeting. It's just a fun club that doesn't put a hole in your pockets and gives you a chance at winning a lil money and prizes at the raffles we have both at the meeting but after the tournament as well. Hope this answers your questions.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

GaryDroze wrote:If the rules changes still allow paddlers, I'm in. Looking forward to testing my beginner's sheepshead skills. Along those lines, do circle hooks (as Capt Mike suggests) really work for sheepies? I keep reading about setting the hook quickly, which is NOT what circle hooks are typically about.

Alert to JT: I will of course do the opposite of whatever you advise. That always seems to work.
Hey Gary! I am waiting for Steve to get back from his trip so that he can look over the wording, but from my understanding, it will be fishing from a "vessel" and no wade fishing. So I would say paddlers are fine. The other change or really no change is the bonus points. I made the suggestion to change it to 3 points instead of 5 but was heavily out voted to keep the bonus points at 5. I want to say there was one other thing, but this is why I am waiting on Steve.
Scout-Fisher

Post by Scout-Fisher »

the only Beef O Brady's that I know of is the one off Kerry Forest. Is this the meeting location and who should I look for?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

milto wrote:
GaryDroze wrote:If the rules changes still allow paddlers, I'm in. Looking forward to testing my beginner's sheepshead skills. Along those lines, do circle hooks (as Capt Mike suggests) really work for sheepies? I keep reading about setting the hook quickly, which is NOT what circle hooks are typically about.

Hey Gary! I am waiting for Steve to get back from his trip so that he can look over the wording, but from my understanding, it will be fishing from a "vessel" and no wade fishing. So I would say paddlers are fine. The other change or really no change is the bonus points. I made the suggestion to change it to 3 points instead of 5 but was heavily out voted to keep the bonus points at 5. I want to say there was one other thing, but this is why I am waiting on Steve.
I'm confused, Rule 23 says wading is allowed.

Matt and I will probably participate.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Scout-Fisher wrote:the only Beef O Brady's that I know of is the one off Kerry Forest. Is this the meeting location and who should I look for?
I should have told which one. It is the one on Thomasville Rd. (1800 Thomasville Rd.)
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

[/quote]

I'm confused, Rule 23 says wading is allowed.

Matt and I will probably participate.[/quote]

I fixed rule 23. I'm waiting on Steve to get back with his notes so I can update all changes. Sorry, I know it can be confusing. I wanted to get the roll call out and we just didn't have everything done in time.