Safety boat assistance needed!

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

yardman32317
Site Sponsor

Safety boat assistance needed!

Post by yardman32317 »

US Army Ranger veteran and wounded warrior Josh Collins is paddle boarding from Texas to New York in order to raise awareness and help to stem the tide of veteran suicides and help for PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injuries. Currently he is in our area paddling from Carrabelle to Mashes Sands public ramp. You can view his website at http://www.veteranvoyage360.com and you can also track his progress as he is carrying a SPOT device.

I am providing safety boat support for Josh from Mashes Sands to Econfina River State Park (Sunday) and then from there to Keaton Beach or Steinhatchee (whichever he can reach by Monday night). After that I have to return to Tallahassee and go back to work. Josh really needs support on the water for safety and to carry supplies so that he can travel lighter and faster. Basically you'll spend time on the water following him and supplying him with food and extra water when needed. It's also a perfect opportunity to fish while supporting a great and determined veteran.

Please contact me via text or call me at (850) 445-3685 if you or someone you know can provide support. It would be better if the person lives in Steinhatchee or further south so that logistics aren't as much of a problem.

Thank you for your time.

Roger Beck
1SG, US Army (Retired)
1/75 Ranger Bn
Sua Sponte
RLTW
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Safety boat assistance needed!

Post by silverking »

Hey Yardman, good to hear you're still kicking.

Wish I had known about this a little more in advance. I would have been glad to help Josh out in his quest. Hope he finds smooth seas and understanding support!
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat