Perry area favorite restaurants

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

slayer

Perry area favorite restaurants

Post by slayer »

List your top 3 restaurants in the Perry area,,,taking the wife down for her 1st trip to the big bend area and her 1st flats fishing trip also..... Figured we would probably hit Deal's oyster house.... And maybe try Roy's out in Stienhatchee one evening(been years since ive tried roy's) Just figured I would get yalls opinions before we headed down mid-week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

doomtrpr_z71

Re: Perry area favorite restaurants

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Granted I'm from Georgia, Roy s is not on my list, I rank the steinhatchee restaurants 1 who DAT/good times , fiddlers 2nd, Roy's third. I have had Roy's for lunch and it was good but at supper it was horrible every time I've had it. Goodman's BBQ isn't too bad, honestly if your wife is fine with it, its worth a detour to crawfordville to eat at Hutton's. Just my 2 cents.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Roy Deal's Famous Oyster Bar.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

Deals
Good Tidings

Post by Good Tidings »

I live in Perry....first of all don't hold that against me....and I don't work for the Chamber of Commerce.

Hope you have a good time in our fair city and area. Spend lots of money and keep coming back often...

In no particular order...

Deals
Fiddler's/Roys in Steinhatchee
Goodman's BBQ

There are several places "downtown" around the courthouse square. It depends on your schedule whether they would work for you. Johnson's Bakery has the BEST donuts in the world. A fairly new place called Barnabas Eatery is ok. Backdoor Bistro is behind the bakery. Most of the downtown spots are only open through lunch, but Barnabas is open for supper later in the week. Joyce's Café has a buffet for lunch if you like just good "home cooking." If you have been coming through Perry for any time, you may remember Pouncey's. They closed but will re-open tomorrow according to FB.

Hope this helps.

Have a great time.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

goodmans is probably the best place/cleanest place I've been to down there.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

I've lived in Perry all my life.
I like Roy's in Steinhatchee, their salad bar is 2nd to none, but the menu is pretty basic. Good as long as you like everything fried, but keep in mind that the only thing fresh on their menu is the mullet and grouper. They also stopped serving blue crab claws. :smt102
I also like Fiddlers. They know how to fry fish, but they also know how to grill it, saute, etc.... I also like how the bar & restaurant a separated, but you get the full menu at either. I've never been disappointed with a meal here.
Deals is similar to Roy's, less the salad bar & the view. They jam a lot of people into a small room, so it gets loud and crowded. The oysters are usually really good.
One that no one else has mentioned, but is worth checking out is Whitey's on the Beach Road. It's not far up the road from Walter B's (used to be Katies Kountry Korner). It's all outdoor dining. It's a somewhat limited menu, but everything I've tried there has been good. The beer is ice cold, everything is reasonably priced and you can't beat the laid back atmosphere.
Several have mentioned Goodman's but I'm not a fan. Sure it's cheap, but it's loud and crowded, and the BBQ is overcooked. I only ever order a hamburger when I go.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
jld06m

Post by jld06m »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:Granted I'm from Georgia, Roy s is not on my list, I rank the steinhatchee restaurants 1 who DAT/good times , fiddlers 2nd, Roy's third. I have had Roy's for lunch and it was good but at supper it was horrible every time I've had it. Goodman's BBQ isn't too bad, honestly if your wife is fine with it, its worth a detour to crawfordville to eat at Hutton's. Just my 2 cents.
Definitely try Goodmans BBQ resturant. Mama's Italian is good too. Johnson bakery doughnuts are a must, but the only place with seafood is Mama's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

pouncey's just opened back up this week too.
rammerjammer
Site Sponsor

Post by rammerjammer »

is it still called Pouncey's?? :lick:
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

went in to eat in perry 2 times this week
the good thing about the places we picked to eat at,
i did not have to make but one trip to them for my first and last
Pouncey's? was the first did not eat there could not get any service was seating at the table for 15 min with not the first person came over and say we will be with you
we did not stay , 2en place was Gooman's BBQ what ever they put on there ribs over powers the meat ,the service was so so took for ever to get our food
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

We like Pouncey's but it seems like the last 2 times there the food was not quite as good. There is a good Chinese/Japanese place over next to Wal-Mart in a little shopping center, they have good supper.It's called CJ's.
Yours in the South
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

roy deals on 98 for seafood too and pouncey's has just reopened for about a week I'd say give em a couple weeks to settle in.there's also a restaurant by the courthouse called Barnabas I believe I hear is good.