Econfina 5/25

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Econfina 5/25

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Cindy and I launched Dubble Trubble around 8 am. Went out to a favorite spot and started catching fish almost immediately. The wind was blowing good from the SE. A little choppy, but not to bad. We boated a couple of nice sized Rock bass and 1 keeper trout. Around lunchtime, we headed out to a spot inside of 9 miles to troll for some grouper. Wasted about 2 hours doing that for nada.

Came back in and fished until around 6, we were both worn out. Ended the day with 6 nice trout and 2 rock bass. Caught trout all day long. LOTS of shorts.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
cast-n-stone
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 5/25

Post by cast-n-stone »

Thanks for the report. Gonna wait till after weekend to give it a try!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the report and good to hear you caught some keepers. Can't wait until we can get back on the water.

Did you try a white shrimp gulp with an orange tail? That was our best bait last Saturday.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

Nice!
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Heck yeah!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Good job, I still haven't got to fish with my wife down there yet. Did yall go east or west?
Yours in the South
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

DixieReb wrote:Good job, I still haven't got to fish with my wife down there yet. Did yall go east or west?

Actually, both. Started out a little east of the mouth, and the SE wind blew us all the way up to the mouth of the Aucilla.

Stayed in 6 to 8 ft of water.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Suweet! :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!