Lucky Fawn Footage

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Lucky Fawn Footage

Post by big bend gyrene »

Maybe the luckiest game camera footage I've captured to date. No food bait, no salt lick station, just a camera placed down at our pond along a well used game trail. Remarkably, the doe and fawn stopped in front of the camera and stayed in the exact same spot while the camera recorded the few minutes of shared video 10 seconds at a time. Decided against adding music or making any significant edits... the beauty of God's creation speaks volumes enough as is. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfVdKD4xy6A[/video]
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Re: Lucky Fawn Footage

Post by SHOWBOAT »

that is awesome. Good mom. Surprised there isn't a twin with that kind of care.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

That's is so awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

Wow! What a beautiful sight. Thanks for sharing.
It's almost like they know the camera is there.
cleanlivin

Post by cleanlivin »

Awesome video thanks for sharing
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

awesome footage - love to see that stuff.

Question - what kind of camera is that? interested in getting one myself.

Thanks!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
big bend gyrene

galantnole wrote:Question - what kind of camera is that? interested in getting one myself.
Browning Strike Force, though I also own / use a few Moultries and Stealth Cams. Love the compact/tight design of the Strike Force, photo/vid quality is good, and battery life is fairly decent too. :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
OG

Post by OG »

Cool footage....If I was a little smarter, I'd be able to "back into" a breed date. 2 weeks old maybe? Bread around 11/1? Sound right?
big bend gyrene

OG wrote:Cool footage....If I was a little smarter, I'd be able to "back into" a breed date. 2 weeks old maybe? Bread around 11/1? Sound right?
Definitely would put the conception date in November... deer in my neck of the woods provide lots of pre-rut signs late October and we see bucks seem to do their peak chasing between start of Nov and mid-Nov.

Interesting thing about North Florida is how much variation there is with just a few miles of distance. A fellow board member and I touch base from time to time on what we're seeing and he hunts only about 5 miles away and he's written me to say he's seeing peak chase activity hitting in December while on my place activity has slowed way, way down.
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

Good capture! :beer:
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
Danibeth

Post by Danibeth »

That's really cool! Made me think of the fawns I saw the other night that were goofing off with each other about 300 yards from my house while my boys and I were out for a walk in the evening.....first fawns i've seen around here....