Power Pole Company!!

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bass3769

Power Pole Company!!

Post by bass3769 »

Just want to say that this company stands behind their products, few weeks back my buddy has an older power pole setup on his boat and had a leaking problem, he contacted them looking for a fitting and with talking to the company they said he had an older hydraulic cylinder that they had an upgrade which included bushings,fitting and all. They sent it to him free of charge as long as he sent old cylinder back.

I went to Panama city this weekend with my boat and went to use my Power Pole micro and the unit would not power on (I used it last weekend), tested and had power to the circuit board but wouldn't turn on. Called them up at 10:33 and was off the phone at 10:36 with them sending out a replacement that will be here this week. i bought my boat used with the power pole micro and they had no hesitation sending out replacement. I did have to provide a credit card number in case I didn't send old one back. top notch company in my eyes!!
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Re: Power Pole Company!!

Post by lonesouth »

outstanding!
850-273-8818
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

bass3769 wrote:Just want to say that this company stands behind their products, few weeks back my buddy has an older power pole setup on his boat and had a leaking problem, he contacted them looking for a fitting and with talking to the company they said he had an older hydraulic cylinder that they had an upgrade which included bushings,fitting and all. They sent it to him free of charge as long as he sent old cylinder back.

I went to Panama city this weekend with my boat and went to use my Power Pole micro and the unit would not power on (I used it last weekend), tested and had power to the circuit board but wouldn't turn on. Called them up at 10:33 and was off the phone at 10:36 with them sending out a replacement that will be here this week. i bought my boat used with the power pole micro and they had no hesitation sending out replacement. I did have to provide a credit card number in case I didn't send old one back. top notch company in my eyes!!
Nice to know. They didn't extend the same courtesy to me when my pump died. Paid full price plus labor for the new one
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Had a similar positive experience with Power-Pole when I sold my flats boat. They replaced a damaged circuit board for the new owner free of charge.

This is the way companies are supposed to work and it's why PP has such great sales and a loyal customer base!
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Salty Gator wrote:Nice to know. They didn't extend the same courtesy to me when my pump died. Paid full price plus labor for the new one
Surprised to hear that, Doc. Guess your pump fell under normal wear and tear vs. a defect?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

It is because he is a rich Doc and has plenty of money! salute3

Nice to hear this though.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

onefishtwofish wrote:It is because he is a rich Doc and has plenty of money! salute3

:lol: we both know that ain't the truth :wink:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Salty Gator wrote:
onefishtwofish wrote:It is because he is a rich Doc and has plenty of money! salute3

:lol: we both know that ain't the truth :wink:

Yeah, yeah. I'm surprised you both aren't running 72 Viking Convertibles. :lol:
bass3769

Post by bass3769 »

Brand new unit complete with all remotes and hardware arrived yesterday. Cannot complain with the super quick shipping! I will be ready for the weekend.
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

My power pole is maybe 3 years old,purchased and installed at Sheilds Marina . 1st year it had 2 circuits panels installed and that's when PP said to power off or pull the fuse when not using for a few days. 2nd year the. Circuit panel went out again,PP walked me thru r&r and sent me replacement circuit panel at no charge. Right at 3 years power pole quit working again. I called PP customer service, walked me thru diagnosis,determined it was the motor and sent me replacement overnight at no charge-did have to give them credit card info In case I didn't Send old one back. Just recently the main bracket paint started peeling, cust service requested pictures,they called me back in less than an hour of receiving the pictures and sent me the new mount ,again at no charge. Their customer service is over the top!!
bass3769

Post by bass3769 »

Greenbone wrote:My power pole is maybe 3 years old,purchased and installed at Sheilds Marina . 1st year it had 2 circuits panels installed and that's when PP said to power off or pull the fuse when not using for a few days. 2nd year the. Circuit panel went out again,PP walked me thru r&r and sent me replacement circuit panel at no charge. Right at 3 years power pole quit working again. I called PP customer service, walked me thru diagnosis,determined it was the motor and sent me replacement overnight at no charge-did have to give them credit card info In case I didn't Send old one back. Just recently the main bracket paint started peeling, cust service requested pictures,they called me back in less than an hour of receiving the pictures and sent me the new mount ,again at no charge. Their customer service is over the top!!

i did have a sheet in the box with this power pole saying to disconnect power when not in use or charging. i have always left it disconnected when not used as i do not have the unit on a switch. Nice to have a company stand behind there product.

i have had the same luck with a bowling ball company when i had one crack. they stood behind the product when they could have easily declined to warranty.