Econfina 10/23 What a Day!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

flatsbroke22

Econfina 10/23 What a Day!

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Had one heck of a day today. Left the house at 6:30 loaded and ready for a good day on the water. Arrived at the ramp and unloaded the boat off the trailer. As I waited on my girlfriend to return from parking the truck I realized my tackle box was not in the boat! My heart went to the floor. My entire fishing arsenal is in that tackle box. Not just lures but line, leader, pliers, buffs and all amounts of other things. I was not wanting to fish but I came all that way I wasn't about to turn around then. Lucky enough I had a small box of assorted Gulps! in one of my compartments so we went on. Started fishing around 9 using white gulp with shartruse tail since thats pretty much all I had in the boat. We had our limit by 12:30 with 5 15-16" trout and 5 18-20" so my sadness had lifted some. Loaded back up and headed home when my girlfriend said she was going to find that tackle box on the way back. I told her not a chance in a million. We both looked hard as I drove but I knew someone had already picked it up. In between Weukeena and Monticelo she hollered " there it is". I doughted her and asked are you sure. She said she was pretty sure so I turned around to check. Low and behold there it was laying about ten feet off the road. Lucky enough it was laying in the shade of the trees so it was not too noticeable. I was jumpimg for joy and couldn't beleive it layed there for 7 hours untouched. A little road rash and a pair of split ring pliers was all that was lost. Probably could have found them but I really didn't care to look. Still can't beleive it blew out, it weighs 12 lbs. and has always rode in the boat but that was its final ride!! Lol She will be rewarded well!! This is also the "REWARD IF FOUND" thread so no need to look any further. The fish....

2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Econfina 10/23 What a Day!

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Awesome day and report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rammerjammer
Site Sponsor

Post by rammerjammer »

:smt023 Great catch Glad you found your tackle :D
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Nice fish and a cool story man. Congrats all around! :beer:
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Awesome recovery and good report!
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
LastCall1983

Post by LastCall1983 »

I used to live in Moultrie, moved to Adel in December.. We had 2 flats on our tandem trailer last trip to Steinhatchee. Hate it when bad luck strikes before you even get there... Always puts a damper on the day, but with a catch like that, can't help but put a smile on your face. Nice Job! We are hitting Steinhatchee Saturday early.. hopefully we do as good as you did.