Some days not meant to be 12/28

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kenfly

Some days not meant to be 12/28

Post by kenfly »

Well don't know if ya call this a fishing report but , well me and a buddy from tville had planned on fishing this day for about a week. I had a diff buddy try to go out the day before and his steering broke and his trim not working right. So I invited him to tag along with us. Buddy from tville meeting us at the fort and the other meeting at my house 7am. Get the Seaark loaded and all ready to go last thing put transom saver on and guess what, trim don't work, messed with it for about an hour (motor bad)and said screw it im taking the Jon with my buddy still waiting at the ramp, other friend having to sit out being had no room now. Finally get there there start rolling out the river get about a half a mile motor starts slowing down, look back and the tiller is broke can really only go just above idle speed, so said we'll just gonna have to troll around with the trolling motor, after about 20 min the dang um battery is about dead, think about time for a new one, so just eased into a creek and caught 4 decent trout but that was it for the day, eased back to ramp and just called it a day , hoping for better luck next time, it was just one of those days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Some days not meant to be 12/28

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

DANG, KENFLY, YOU MUST BE KIN TO ME, THAT IS ABOUT WHAT HAPPEN TO ME ON MY LAST ATTEMPT TO GO FISH THE GULF, WE DIDN'T GET ANY FISHIN DONE, JUST WORE OURSELVES OUT TRYING TO LOAD THE BOAT BACK ON THE TRAILER WITHOUT POWER.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

thanks for the report
Glad I am not the only one that has BAD luck some days
and when it starts you need to just call off the fishing trip and don't try to repair any thing
Last edited by Blue spinner on December 30th, 2016, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Wow, that was a run of bad luck there. Glad you made it back OK and still caught some fish. Did you see any boats fishing above the fort?
Yours in the South
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Sounds like situation normal to me :D way to tough it out and put some fish in the cooler :thumbup:
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
2Salty

Post by 2Salty »

Sounds like to me you need better routine preventative maintenance and pre-fishing planning more than "better luck".
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

2Salty wrote:Sounds like to me you need better routine preventative maintenance and pre-fishing planning more than "better luck".
Ok Genius, please inform us what preventative maintenance you can do to insure your trim motor doesn't break. Since you fish out of a plastic boat, let me inform you of something. Motor boats,especially salt water boats, have all sorts of problems. We have all been stuck at the ramp or on the water because of a switch, fuse, solonoid etc etc. That is just part of having a boat. Go troll somewhere else
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Yeah my trim motored I knew was prob gonna go soon, didn't shock me any, it was pretty rusted but was still working pretty good, and when it quit it just died, looking forward to getting it back and getting back out there

kenfly

Post by kenfly »

DixieReb wrote:Wow, that was a run of bad luck there. Glad you made it back OK and still caught some fish. Did you see any boats fishing above the fort?
Didn't see anyone going up river at all, I think most people that had good luck that day was out around the mouth being it had been about 80* for 3 days

RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Salty Gator wrote:
2Salty wrote:Sounds like to me you need better routine preventative maintenance and pre-fishing planning more than "better luck".
Ok Genius, please inform us what preventative maintenance you can do to insure your trim motor doesn't break. Since you fish out of a plastic boat, let me inform you of something. Motor boats,especially salt water boats, have all sorts of problems. We have all been stuck at the ramp or on the water because of a switch, fuse, solonoid etc etc. That is just part of having a boat. Go troll somewhere else

As the official poster child for SUPPORT BOAT AND MOTOR AND TRAILER REPAIRMEN I support the position of Mr. Salty Gator!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Fully charged batteries and a good pre-flight check on electronics and everything is always good to do. But even then, you can still get stuck at the ramp or on the water from things that break or just don't work after you've got to the ramp or launched. Go figure! :roll:
Yours in the South