Lake Hall 6/18

Use this area to post freshwater fishing reports from the area lakes and rivers. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redhead

Lake Hall 6/18

Post by Redhead »

Well I decided to try Terrier's idea and try Lake Hall. After dropping the daughter off at school, I got to the lake arond 8:45 and strung up the fly rod. Headed around the corner and tossed a black dragonfly nymph around the pads. Got some good sized bluegills. Went to the other side of the lake and worked towards the McClay house. Switched from a floating line to a sink tip and catch rate went up. Tried Mickey Fin streamer, then a green dragonfly nymph and had good luck with both. Headed to the ramp about noon with the fish still biting. Ended the morning with lots of hand sized bluegills and some two year old bass. Fish were in 4-6 feet of water. Thanks Terrier for reminding me about Lake Hall.
Terrier

Lake Hall

Post by Terrier »

I fished it this morning - Sunday June 20. It was very slow, only caught 2 - a dink and a 14". It was still, hot and muggy. I don't think anybody else was catching much, although the afternoon may have picked up with the wind (and lightning). I'm going to give dropshotting a try - that may work for Lake Hall in the summer.