Ecofina 3/17/17 report.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Ecofina 3/17/17 report.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Lavon and I got to Ecofina around 10:30 and headed out at an almost dead low tide. Image. Talked to a charter cap at the ramp and he said they were in the creeks. But since the water was so low we decided to fish in the river for a whole. Caught lots of these and one keeper. Image. After the water came up some we went exploring the creek he told us about. Image. Image. We found lots of fish. (Saw reds, trout and sheepshead.) but they would not bite. We went to another creek and no luck. Water was up to 60 by now. But no luck so we went on the flats a little. The water was 55 there. So we decided to go back in the river where we started and caught 100 of these. Image. And two more keepers. A lot of the fish were 13-14.5". Still had fun and wasn't at work. Image. Good luck to all in the tourney tomorrow.. Prob gonna be tough fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mpa_72001

Re: Ecofina 3/17/17 report.

Post by mpa_72001 »

Went yesterday afternoon we caught a limit of small keepers and one keeper red with water about 55
Dixie Dawg

Post by Dixie Dawg »

I fished in close behind rock island today because that's where I thought they would be. Caught a good handful of shorts and a few keepers for the most part 100 yards from the grassline. Talked to some guys I know that fished today too and they killed them out from spring creek in 4' of water. Man you just never know. Staying at rockys campgroup tonight and going to get after the reds first thing in the morning in the old faithful grounds at aucilla. You find the right grass and the trout are biting, surprising with this cold snap. Hopefully I'll get I bit more meat in the box tomorrow.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

It sounds like you guys had fun! I can't believe the water temp has dropped that much, wow! Hopefully this coming week will put things back where they are supposed to be. We are going on a boat ride today instead of fishing, should be a pretty day.

Team Jolly Mon
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

thanks for the report HNM
it will be better this up coming week
wife and I had a good boat ride on her new boat up the flint river yesterday
going to go again today one more time before i take it down to Econfina for good
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

We made the plans weeks ago. If not for the cold snap the flats should have been on fire.

Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Thanks for the report.i hope to get down the soon...
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Welby wrote:Thanks for the report.i hope to get down the soon...
. Prob be few weeks till we go again.

mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Come down in april and fish the nfgfc ecky tournament with us and hang out.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

mpa_72001 wrote:Come down in april and fish the nfgfc ecky tournament with us and hang out.
. Not me. I may be down fishing but I'm not a good enough fisherman to fish a tournament. Prob get skunked if I entered.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Blue spinner wrote:thanks for the report HNM
it will be better this up coming week
wife and I had a good boat ride on her new boat up the flint river yesterday
going to go again today one more time before i take it down to Econfina for good
. Good deal on the new boat. We'll have a group down the first weekend in May again for three days. Hope to not miss you this time.

mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Hit n miss it's all for fun I have my 7 year old girl fishing with me in em this year.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

mpa_72001 wrote:Hit n miss it's all for fun I have my 7 year old girl fishing with me in em this year.
. Are they having one May 6th? Well have several boats down and may want to try.

mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

They have one in port st joe that weekend but the optimist club tournament is that weekend. There will be loads of people everywhere that day.