Spring Break trip

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Xpress

Spring Break trip

Post by Xpress »

Headed to stay a summercamp beach in Pancea on March 31st. Never fished this area before always fish Ecofina/Aucilla/Rock Island. Where should I try? Where should I put in? Any places I need to watch out for? Any info will be greatly appreciated!! :)
xXLoneBowmanXx

Re: Spring Break trip

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

You can put in at Mashes sands ramp. To get there you turn left at the flasher just before the ochlockonee bridge. There is also free ramp on the other end of the bridge, which is good for launching a kayak but not good for a powered boat. There are a lot of oyster beds at the mouth of the bay and fishing under the bridge can be productive. Just be careful, because the current under the bridge rips through with a lot of force. If you get all the way up into where the sopchippy and ochlockonee rivers hit the bay, there are some grassy areas that can be productive at high tide.

You can also put in at Rock landing which is kind of behind the Crums mini mall. There is a boat ramp there and a lot of oyster bars.

If you are in a powered boat, the key to that while area is to watch the tides and depths. There is on main channel that runs through the bay, but it gets pretty shallow on either side.
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Xpress wrote:Headed to stay a summercamp beach in Pancea on March 31st. Never fished this area before always fish Ecofina/Aucilla/Rock Island. Where should I try? Where should I put in? Any places I need to watch out for? Any info will be greatly appreciated!! :)

Summer camp is closer to St Theresa and Lanark than panacea ( unless there is another summer camp). I'd put in at Lanark, you can rent a slip for a few dollars ($10 I think). If I were staying there, I'd get a slip for the week in Lanark or alligator point marina. As far as fishing, what kind of boat? Kids? How old?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Sorry, there are no fish in this area. :smt005 Head out from the market and head either left or right. Be careful, the hurricane extended the reach of the sandbars off of the Lanark Reef, but you should see boats drifting both west and east of the ramp.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Any catching off the beach at Bald point State Park?
JCC

Post by JCC »

Xpress, I sent you a PM.
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

eightwt wrote:Any catching off the beach at Bald point State Park?
I went last Sunday. There's bait running, but all I caught were puffers and a small flounder.